GRAY GONE - OFFICIAL

Just seen this after a couple of beers. This isn't the beers speaking.

This sacking is f**king disgraceful.

A decent manager, a decent man - out of work for no reason at all. We've sacked him for a name, nothing else.

Absolutely disgraceful. Thanks Gray for everything, a top manager who deserved the time.

Fear that this is prompted by Roeder who to me hasn't earnt his position and seems like a cancer at this club. No respect, no decency and no credentials to advise.

Let's all jump on the Roeder bandwagon.

I can remember EXACTLY this sort of outpouring when Megson was sacked, then 3 months later it was Gary who!

I'd probably try and claim that was the beer talking if I was you.

Why?

Gray has earnt every right to continue. It seems we've become a club who go for short-term gain over quality long-term prosperity. Gray was a very good manager and a solid man to lead us forward. His replacement will be a name who won't last 18 months. 

The sacking of a decent manager is disgraceful, as a supporter I feel embarrassed we've acted in the way we have. 

I also worry that we are now 3/4 weeks into pre-season with no signings and a squad who might not want to play for the new manager. 

Why?

Gray has earnt every right to continue. It seems we've become a club who go for short-term gain over quality long-term prosperity. Gray was a very good manager and a solid man to lead us forward. His replacement will be a name who won't last 18 months.

The sacking of a decent manager is disgraceful, as a supporter I feel embarrassed we've acted in the way we have.

I also worry that we are now 3/4 weeks into pre-season with no signings and a squad who might not want to play for the new manager.

Pretty much the last paragraph alone, which has been matched by the last paragraph in this post too. Baseless melodramatic guff.

Hasn't this 'short term gain' approach been successful?

Seeing as we are making progress year on year.

No it hasn't.

You have a very short-term memory. 

Gray's sacking is going to set us back - not only this preseason and season, but for years whilst we find a good, stable replacement. I honestly don't think we'll get one at the first go, which will result in 12-18 months of no progression then perhaps a glimmer of hope.

I'm honestly gutted for Gray. He deserved much better from a club and chairman I thought would be patient and build responsibly. This sacking concerns me, as it should for all of our fan-base. We don't want to be a joke - we want stability and promotion. Sackings for no good reason really isn't a good sign.

People underestimate Gray and quieter, less known managers.

Edited by cardiffowl06

Guest _Ibbo_

Just seen this after a couple of beers. This isn't the beers speaking.

This sacking is f**king disgraceful.

A decent manager, a decent man - out of work for no reason at all. We've sacked him for a name, nothing else.

Absolutely disgraceful. Thanks Gray for everything, a top manager who deserved the time.

Fear that this is prompted by Roeder who to me hasn't earnt his position and seems like a cancer at this club. No respect, no decency and no credentials to advise.

As a home season ticket holder. This hasn't bothered me in the slightest.

Worst home record in 40 odd years at the club.

Guest _Ibbo_

No it hasn't.

You have a very short-term memory.

Gray's sacking is going to set us back - not only this preseason and season, but for years whilst we find a good, stable replacement. I honestly don't think we'll get one at the first go, which will result in 12-18 months of no progression then perhaps a glimmer of hope.

I'm honestly gutted for Gray. He deserved much better from a club and chairman I thought would be patient and build responsibly. This sacking concerns me, as it should for all of our fan-base. We don't want to be a joke - we want stability and promotion. Sackings for no good reason really isn't a good sign.

People underestimate Gray and quieter, less known managers.

How many home games did you attend this season. It was god awful.

Home games or away doesn't matter.

A solid position with a shoestring budget.

You guys really do have short memories. Pretty appalling for a fan-base of a club who have just finished in their highest position for roughly 10-15 years.

Shoestring budget?

He finished exactly where he should have with the budget he was given

You guys really do have short memories. Pretty appalling for a fan-base of a club who have just finished in their highest position for roughly 10-15 years.

You have a short memory too.

Can't you remember when megson was sacked?

Exactly the same was said.

And we've moved on. And improved.

It's what successful businesses do - they are always looking at ways to get better.

Guest _Ibbo_

That's becauseause how rubbish we have been.

How many home matches did you watch ?

Seriously? It was god awful at times.

We're in a different market place now.

'Roeder is a cancer at the club...'

Have a vvànk and get to sleep. Best thing for you.

And he talks about disrespect in his post!

Quite a tasteless comment bearing in mind Roeder's previous health issues...

What an ignorant paragraph of garbage.

You know absolutely nothing about Roeder and what he's been doing since he joined, and if you honestly believe Chansiri sacked Gray because Roeder told him to, then dear god lol

Apparently our new owner is the all mighty Glenn Roeder, he makes all the decisions and clearly got Gray sacked, thanks for the new pitch and scoreboard though Roeder, top man.

Jesus Christ some of our fans lol lol