Price of Boxes announced

A colleague has now met with Wednesday's Commercial Manager and two of the Chairman's Thai advisers.

The price of the boxes is £35K + VAT for a 3 course meal.

£41K + VAT for a 4 course meal.

Box holders that do not want to pay that price are putting it into writing for the club in order that it can be presented to Mr Chansiri.  Looks likely that the club will reduce prices as they are now realising that the boxes will not be sold at these prices.

The new Chairman is clearly very ambitious, is targeting winning the League next season.  Number one priority is a striker with a proven track record to demonstrate that he can reasonably be expected to score over 20 goals in The Championship.

In general, they were extremely positive about our chances next season.

f**k me, 6 grand for a fish course, no wonder Chansiri's family are minted

Edited by scarboro-owl

The pices quoted are just list price the commercial department expect every businessman worth his salt to ' negotiate ' a better deal.

As always they have been pretty specific on this. The price at the start of the season is 'the price'.

Everybody in the boxes talks to each other. Can you imagine the uproar if one bloke pays £41K and finds out the box next door has paid £24K?

They have always done deals during the season with unsold boxes though.

Guest Deleted member

As always they have been pretty specific on this. The price at the start of the season is 'the price'.

Everybody in the boxes talks to each other. Can you imagine the uproar if one bloke pays £41K and finds out the box next door has paid £24K?

They have always done deals during the season with unsold boxes though.

Again. This

I don't know of a single person who has renewed their box at the almost ridiculous price quoted and I know a few 

has anyone on here heard of anyone?   

Whilst Mr Chansiri and his family are riding on a massive wave of good faith and everything I hear about them as a family is good news -  I'm not sure he's being well advised commercially,  antagonising and alienating his corporate partners isn't a good move.

Let's hope his advisors on the footballing side are performing better - I suppose we'll find out in the next 3 weeks

Guest Manwithastick

I had a chat with someone involved in ownership. They have had a box since day 1. The price on here is what they've been quoted. They were visited by DC's right hand man. Not only are they being asked to pay 39k +VAT, they're being asked to move from their dead centre box as DC is taking both centre boxes and converting them into one big super suite.

They had a discussion about why would they possibly pay the quoted price. They were told 'we ARE getting promoted THIS season (and we are aware of what that will cost/take). Signing up now at this price is the only way to be certain of having a box for Chelsea/ManU/ManC etc. next year.

I had a chat with someone involved in ownership. They have had a box since day 1. The price on here is what they've been quoted. They were visited by DC's right hand man. Not only are they being asked to pay 39k +VAT, they're being asked to move from their dead centre box as DC is taking both centre boxes and converting them into one big super suite.

They had a discussion about why would they possibly pay the quoted price. They were told 'we ARE getting promoted THIS season (and we are aware of what that will cost/take). Signing up now at this price is the only way to be certain of having a box for Chelsea/ManU/ManC etc. next year.

have they renewed?...... I'm betting not

That is a pretty big gamble

Up until the season before last I had a ST right in front of the central boxes, reyt gutted I moved now!

What is the outcome?  Have they paid the price ?

If we are playing well and winning, they will sell.

I and many other fans talk about not just the quality, but the quantity of our support base.

Can you imagine a scenario where we were playing (anyone in the Championship) at home, needed 3 points to get promoted and any part of the ground being unsold?

We can look upon this as a naive price hike by an unknown foreign owner, or a sign of ultimate confidence that we are going to be competing at the top end next season.

I for one am leaning towards the latter.. 

I'm having one!

Dangerous game we're playing here.

1. Even when we were in the Prem, demand for tickets and boxes was never that high. Should have no problem getting a box at those prices next year.

2. Supporters have seen no evidence on the pitch yet that we will have a side anywhere near capable of being in the top 6. I know it's only the first week in June but there is still mumblings that Gray won't be here and some of the out of contract players offered deals may be off.

3. As anyone who has supported Wednesday for any great length of time will know, there are no guarantees in football and being Wednesday, if something can go wrong, it will.

4. And most importantly, 39k + VAT is a scandalous price for what you are getting. Someone at our club needs a reality check. We could easily have no filled executive boxes.

Wow. A pretty big claim in there. Maybe the Jordan Rhodes thing is true and he will be second striker to Connor Wickham.