NEW PITCH MANIA!

Just driven past Hillsborough. At least 5 different piles of material from fine sand to what looked like gravel in the Penistone road Carpark. I really want to know what they'll do with that And how it's used. Sad - I know.

Easy,

The gravel is for drainage above the pipes and the sandy stuff is the top soil that is seeded

Off topic, but are there any other football stands in the country that were built 55+ years ago and still look as good as our North Stand?

It's quite hard to believe that it's actually older than that sh*t heap of a West Stand.

Must have been so far ahead of its time.

I love the Northstand.

We should reposition the old scoreboard above the DJ booth on the Kop. It lies dormant for all but one purpose...

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

T

SHEFFIELD UTD   0

BURTON ALBION 4

This detail answers the first 20pages of this thread I think

I think there will be an additional gravel layer to accommodate the irrigation and heating systems. This will be laid above the drainage layer (seen on the time lapse photos) and below a top 30cm root layer into which the Desso nylon fibres will be injected

I think there will be an additional gravel layer to accommodate the irrigation and heating systems. This will be laid above the drainage layer (seen on the time lapse photos) and below a top 30cm root layer into which the Desso nylon fibres will be injected

This sh1tt is going down muthafukka!!!

I think there will be an additional gravel layer to accommodate the irrigation and heating systems. This will be laid above the drainage layer (seen on the time lapse photos) and below a top 30cm root layer into which the Desso nylon fibres will be injected

I'm not sure if it would be gravel, will most likely be sand. Drainage blankets containing gravel are usually single size to maximise permeability.

A sand would act as a good drainage medium, allows for formation level to be created.

Either way I'm interested to see the final product - can't wait!!!! 😃