NEW PITCH MANIA!

haven't even stood on such a pitch so excuse the question  : presumably then with  benefit of past experience is there any data about these desso fibres causing more or less grab to studs /blades? i.e. cause more twists pulls 

No there is no data on injury rates specific to Desso turf - its difficult to quantify anyway

There is some anecdotal evidence but not specifically about desso installations - rather the firmness of pitches with less give being seen to coincide with increased injury rates

The "give" from a desso pitch comes from the lush thick turf

Modern boot design doesnt help

No there is no data on injury rates specific to Desso turf - its difficult to quantify anyway

There is some anecdotal evidence but not specifically about desso installations - rather the firmness of pitches with less give being seen to coincide with increased injury rates

Modern boot design doesnt help

cheers mate  -usual sensible answer

Re boot design is there a specific boot thought better?

I, too, have worried about the consequences of playing on hybrid Grass pitches, but a quick trawl through the Desso Pages shows how many of the clubs already have this type of pitch.On their list of projects already completed are, Wembley, Arsenal,Aston Villa, QPR, Spurs, Burnley, Liverpool, ManCity, ad a number of what I would term the 'lesser' clubs. Watford and Swansea already play on them. Huddersfield has a surface that is used for soccer AND rugby League. Even the once mighty Santos uses one.

Whilst I know that there seem to be more ankle injuries than in the past, I wonder how much of this is down to two factors - Wrong type of Footwear being used, for instance several times last season, Wed players were skidding on the grass instead of studs gripping, the other, training. Poor training can concentrate on different areas, but unless you keep your feet you are not going to stay upright.

Modern boot design doesnt helpI

I agree but would like to add that whilst playing at Sheffield lane top used to slip a lot on the dogshit so maybe this could be a problem,

dogshit and plastic not a good mix that.

is it not ? How come ?

i would say it's too hot and drying right now  in my experience once the seed is moist if it dries out before its shoot gets in to the soil it'll die  

not a prob really they'll just reseed but next few days it'll be too hot