NEW PITCH MANIA!

i would say it's too hot and drying right now  in my experience once the seed is moist if it dries out before its shoot gets in to the soil it'll die  

not a prob really they'll just reseed but next few days it'll be too hot

ok pal fair point, so it would be better if the grass had started to shoot ?

i would say it's too hot and drying right now  in my experience once the seed is moist if it dries out before its shoot gets in to the soil it'll die  

not a prob really they'll just reseed but next few days it'll be too hot 

surely they'll have some kind of system for applying water to the pitch. some kind of network of pipes perhaps that sprinkles water onto the pitch

ok pal fair point, so it would be better if the grass had started to shoot ?

yes but not best growing conditions

surely they'll have some kind of system for applying water to the pitch. some kind of network of pipes perhaps that sprinkles water onto the pitch

well yes but  along as it doesnt drown the little buggers    they're experts they'll sort it    I was just saying this extreme heat wasn't the best conditions once it's germinated it'll be up sprouting in days  could be as soon as 3/4 days prob bit longer though   love to know the blend 

Edited by steelowl

yes but not best growing conditions

well yes but  along as it doesnt drown the little buggers    they're experts they'll sort it    I was just saying this extreme heat wasn't the best conditions once it's germinated it'll be up sprouting in days  could be as soon as 3/4 days prob bit longer though   love to know the blend 

Don't they have grass in Australia?

And isn't the stuff they use extremely resilient?

Just not bothered...

No there is no data on injury rates specific to Desso turf - its difficult to quantify anyway

There is some anecdotal evidence but not specifically about desso installations - rather the firmness of pitches with less give being seen to coincide with increased injury rates

The "give" from a desso pitch comes from the lush thick turf

Modern boot design doesnt help

Too right about modern boot design,most if not all modern boots give little or no protection.

Without wanting to sound like an old fuddy duddy leather boots are better,give me a pair of puma kings any day.

Too right about modern boot design,most if not all modern boots give little or no protection.

Without wanting to sound like an old fuddy duddy leather boots are better,give me a pair of puma kings any day.

Copa Mundials/World Cups are better, but I concur!

Just uploading a new edited mega-timelapse to cover the full 9 weeks on to YouTube.

Increased the speed to 450% so entire process comes in under 5 minutes.

I'll post it on here within the next 30 minutes.

wait til it had its first cut and looking beautiful i'll by the dvd off ya  :manager:

Just uploading a new edited mega-timelapse to cover the full 9 weeks on to YouTube.

Increased the speed to 450% so entire process comes in under 5 minutes.

I'll post it on here within the next 30 minutes.

No, We don't want it speeded up! I want to see it in normal speed even if it lasts half an hour lol