A Huge Amount Of Player Turnover This Summer Is Needed

Minimum of £10million needs to be spent imo

There will be a lot of quality out of contract players available this summer so it may be the case we spend big on wages rather than fees. 

Maguire has this exceptional talent of slowing down every move he is involved with. He hangs onto the ball far too long and often turns into trouble. I hope we dont offer him a new contract because he is part of the problem as to why our goals scored has been poor this season. We need far better and anyone that gets lost with the telling opponents fans to quieten are deluded.

Top six players -

Westwood

Loovens

Lees

Lee

Rest range from solid Championship players (Maguire, Mattock, Kirkland) to those barely good enough for League 2 (May, Nuhiu, Coke, McCabe, Maghoma, Corry, Floro, Madine)

Apart from the ones who are clearly above league 2 standard.

For us to get anywhere near achieving the owners ambition of promotion in the next two seasons a massive squad rebuild is needed. Today just confirmed a large number of our squad arnt good enough to take us to the next step.

Of todays starting team only Westwood and Lees , in my opinion are assured of a place in the team on the opening day of next season.

I feel today was the last time a lot of those players will play at Hillsbro ( for wednesday anyway )

With the exception of McGuire , no one of the out of contract lads did themselves any favours today and hardly warrant a new contract.

With a new owner as ambitious as DC, a lot of our players need to start booking the removal men .

Strongly disagree. Don't underestimate the value of team spirit. We shouldn't just rip that apart. Players such as Palmer, Helan, Maguire, Lee, May and more will all improve themselves when playing alongside a better quality of team-mate, but we shouldn't rio the squad to bits- evolution not revolution.

What worries me is in the summer we will sign mcgugan and maybe keane and use up the budget, so we will bring in a loan or two but basically end up with the same side as this season. I see more happening off the pitch than on it.

What worries me is in the summer we will sign mcgugan and maybe keane and use up the budget, so we will bring in a loan or two but basically end up with the same side as this season. I see more happening off the pitch than on it.

You seriously think we've appointed a guy on wages like Roeder will be on to strengthen and organise our player recruitment so that we can sign two blokes that are already here on loan  :laugh:

We will do a lot more buisness than that, and I can't see Keane coming back

We require huge investment

LB

RB

CB

CM x2

LW

Rw

3 strikers

Only the keeper and Lees Loovens partnership should be guaranteed a start on the first weekend of the season

Are your 2 CM's, replacements for or supplements to Melo and McGugan?  

Guest RoyalNavyOwl

It's a difficult one for me because we're 12th in the league and it's arguably the worst season in years in regards to attacking but easily the best defensively. This says to me that we need to keep the core of the squad together, add 4-5 top quality attacking additions and we won't be that far away.

It's a difficult one for me because we're 12th in the league and it's arguably the worst season in years in regards to attacking but easily the best defensively. This says to me that we need to keep the core of the squad together, add 4-5 top quality attacking additions and we won't be that far away.

14th now mate so bottom half

I want Westwood, Loovens, Lees, McGugan, Lavery and Nuhiu at the club next season. Before anybody criticises Nuhiu offers something different and can play a part..  Semedo, Lee and Maguire can  maybe be squad players.  The rest have proved they're not good enough for a promotion team, so we need to sign another 9 top end quality players.  We have to hope Melo, Verjmill and Bus improve in pre season.   We paid a lot for Stevie May who, in my opinion, has managed to get worse!!