Semedo farewell ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

Guest shakesby

Probably the same person who turned a million down for Nuhui. Gross misconduct at least

I don't believe for a second we were offered a million. That's crazy money. We only received just over that for Antonio.

If it was, say, 500k, I'd say it's probably best not to have sold him. But if it was actually £1m British queens standard cash for him, with no future payments, it's absolutely inexplicable.

You propose we keep 3 first team players- meaning that we'll have to realistically sign a minimum of 15 more to get a squad of 18 that'd be decent for the Championship.

Signing 15 players in one transfer window is just asking for a disaster. This squad has finished mid-table in the Championship, it makes quite literally no sense to gut that squad and sign 15 players, when we could get rid of the majority of out of contract players (say 8 of them) and make 10 signings while keeping the core of the squad. Mid-table squad gets improved and we don't spunk money away signing an inordinate number of players that'll take an age to gel and actually look like a team.

This^

If Semedo doesn't get a new contract I'll be writing a strongly worded letter to the club.

I'll be calling for Gray to be sacked.

Semedo is a class act, absolutely loves this club to pieces.

That video when he said swfc is my home made my skin shiver, top bloke.

I think not offering semedo at least another year would be a huge mistake. Anyone saying things like " we need better to progress" probably don't realise the effect of having someone like semedo at the club. To get anywhere in this league you need a squad of players capable of cutting it in this division, not just a strong starting 11. Semedo has proved more than capable of being a capable championship midfielder, opposition teams must hate playing against him. Any new signings coming into the club would surely benefit from having a player like him in and around the first team squad. As far as I'm concerned semedo is MR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Loves the club, loves the fans and loves living in Sheffield. How many other players can we say that about?

Quality is only one of things needed to win .

You need a team full of players willing to take responsibility, players willing to stand up and not shrink when the going gets tough. Basically a team full of leaders.

Sometimes we have struggled to find a decent captain during our lean years because we had no leaders.

Semedo does these things and if Gray knows what he is doing he will keep him and make a similar attitude a key req of new signings. We need to stop being shrinking violets and get on with the bullying.

How many leaders did our team of the early 90's have. Alot.

Quality is only one of things needed to win .

You need a team full of players willing to take responsibility, players willing to stand up and not shrink when the going gets tough. Basically a team full of leaders.

Sometimes we have struggled to find a decent captain during our lean years because we had no leaders.

Semedo does these things and if Gray knows what he is doing he will keep him and make a similar attitude a key req of new signings. We need to stop being shrinking violets and get on with the bullying.

How many leaders did our team of the early 90's have. Alot.

Agree. Good post.

Semedo has to be here next season, without a doubt. Had an amazing season till his injury, would be daft to get rid of one of our most consistent, better players, who's a fans favourite, and also bleeds blue and white! He's magic you know, you'll never replace semedo!

Hopefully we wont recognise next seasons team from the present one apart from maybe:-

Westwood

Lees

Lee

Personally I think this would be a terrible mistake. There's a lot right about this season- obviously mainly from a defensive point of view.

Would be happy to keep 75% of this squad together if we added 3/4 guaranteed attack minded first teamers of real quality.

My midfield concerns revolve around Hutch. More so for him.

When his contract finishes here, I wonder who else will gamble on him with his injury record.

Hope he gets another deal somwhere, but it will take someone brave enough to gamble like we did.

Can see him back at Chelsea helping coach the kids or summat.