Semedo farewell ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

Guest Gazzaswfc

Could tomz be the last time we see him at S6 in a Wednesday shirt depending if he gets a new contract ? It could get emotional 😥

No way will he be going at the end of the season. One of our better players of the campaign and will make an excellent squad player for next season.

Plus can you imagine us winning 1-0 with 10 minutes left and having the option to bring on both Melo and Semedo to protect a back four? Clean sheet all but guaranteed...

In all fairness it could be his last game considering we have Melo and Hutchinson under contract and Palmer who can play there at a push. I suppose it all depends on how the coalition of Gray/Roeder/Pearson expect us to play next season. If we're going to go with a couple of sitting midfielders then I expect him to sign on for another year, if not then who knows it could well be his swansong.

Semedo has proved he can do a good job at this level and he surely has to stay as a squad player with his amazing attitude toward the club. Semedo will be just as important as the more gifted players in having a play-off/promotion push next season.

He’s top man and I would be gutted if he left in the next year or two.

Hopefully we wont recognise next seasons team from the present one apart from maybe:-

Westwood

Lees

Lee

I honestly think that would be the worse thing we could do, Good quality 4/5 Additions not massive squad overhaul lets keep the team spirit we have but add some extra quality to the squad.

If it's between Semedo and Hutchinson, then it would be Semedo for me, Hutch hasn't got it in him to play regularly due to injuries and poor discipline.

What I do not want to see is us throwing the baby out with the bath water and change the squad and style too drastically and hence lose the ground we have made up over the last few seasons.