Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Because?

Everytime i've watched him he's got absolutely rinsed, the game last season at Hillsborough was embarrasing

He's no better than Dielna, a complete liability at the back

Reading fans slate him

Edited by BRUCE LEE

Pearce is beginning to lose his way at reading it may just be a case he needs a fresh start at a new club loads go through it. I would have him as back up . leeds said the same about lees and wolves said it about rojo but we would take him back easy.

Personally, I don't really rate Pearce, as he's been awful when we've played Reading. Also get a lot about Reading in the press down here and it doesn't sound as if he's had a good season. It may be, as has been said, that he just needs a change scenery, but I would hope that we could do better

Pearce is being slated by Reading fans, true.

But Lees was being absolutely rinsed by Leeds fans.

He's having a bad time as part of a poo reading team. However he is still only 26 and plays at national level for Ireland.

Strikes me as a player needing a move rather than a bad player. Reading are just a poo poo team this season. That's not Pearce's fault.

I'd probably prefer Matt Mills over him, but I'd still be more than happy with Pearce.

Matt Mills has also got a beard. And we all know from our neighbours across the city that beards are the key to success in football...

...and Adidas football kits. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

Pearce is being slated by Reading fans, true.

But Lees was being absolutely rinsed by Leeds fans.

He's having a bad time as part of a poo reading team. However he is still only 26 and plays at national level for Ireland.

Strikes me as a player needing a move rather than a bad player. Reading are just a poo poo team this season. That's not Pearce's fault.

I'd probably prefer Matt Mills over him, but I'd still be more than happy with Pearce.

Matt Mills has also got a beard. And we all know from our neighbours across the city that beards are the key to success in football...

...and Adidas football kits.

Are we talking, as a replacement for Loovens, or as back up?

Are we talking, as a replacement for Loovens, or as back up?

Competition for Loovens. No ones position should be safe going into next season or else we'll just stagnate.

Ideally we need two centre halves in, if Zayatte gets the chop, to challenge Loovens and Lees.

Competition for Loovens. No ones position should be safe going into next season or else we'll just stagnate.

Ideally we need two centre halves in, if Zayatte gets the chop, to challenge Loovens and Lees.

Of course, competition is good. Thing is, there are plenty of centre backs out there who are better than Loovens, but it might take a while to find one who is so compatible with Lees Their partnership is excellent. Mills or Pearce? Mills for me, but that's probably slanted by never seeing Pearce have a good game

Of course, competition is good. Thing is, there are plenty of centre backs out there who are better than Loovens, but it might take a while to find one who is so compatible with Lees Their partnership is excellent. Mills or Pearce? Mills for me, but that's probably slanted by never seeing Pearce have a good game

Think what makes Lees play better with Loovens is that Loovens has better leadership qualities than Zayatte/Dielna. 

Mills and Pearce are both captains at their clubs. Shouldn't be an issue.

I like Loovens, don't get me wrong. But we need to plan ahead. Loovens is on his way out and we need another defensive leader to compete with him now.

Mills would be my shout too. Always been an excellent centre half even in his early days at Donny. But Peace is also solid, and his current form in a shocking Reading side shouldn't really be looked at. The player as a whole is what we're signing.

Lees got absolutely slated on here because he was a part of the Leeds side we absolutely tore open, albeit for the first 45 minutes.

If we were going to really splash out on a defender I'd love Aden Flint from Bristol City. But that's not going to happen now they've been promoted.

Edited by FlyingOwl

I hope the main thrust of our summer recruitment will actually be in attacking areas. We don't yet know whether or not deeds will match the new owners words. After all, we've heard it all before from Milan. So we don't know whether the likes of Conor Wickham are a goer, or are totally unrealistic. Nobody knows. We do need a significant improvement on what we had up front this season though. A little bit of a concern for me is, the fact that Gray has said that Nuhiu will have a major role to play here next season. Also, saying that he'd like to bring back Keane next season. Given that he's only just signed May and Bus, my worry is that there isn't a lot of scope for him to bring in better options. Not if he plans to keep those he has anyway.

A little bit of a concern for me is, the fact that Gray has said that Nuhiu will have a major role to play here next season. Also, saying that he'd like to bring back Keane next season.

We've been told promotion is the aim. If these are the sort of strikers Gray wants to play a key role in achieving that, he needs his head checking.

I think even when Loovens is fit we sometimes lack a physical presence at the back and certainly an aggresive centre half capable of scoring from corners etc would be a welcome addition

This.

We seemed to have conceded a worrying amount of goals from set pieces this season. Whether this is down to poor organisation or just the fact none of our players are particular strong in the air. We also have't scored many from set pieces either, (apart from free-kick shots and pens) so it would be nice to have a physical and commanding centre back, similar to llera, Jones, and Reda. Obviously they would need to be a lot better than the players mentioned., but a similar mold.