Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Go on youtube mate .

Just have- but Youtube made Stevie May look like a worldie and by the accounts on here Nuhiu as well... I always take those things with a pinch of salt.

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/james-forrest/110336/

I'm also cautious because looking at that he's only had one full season of being in Celtic's first team squad regularly, and that was three seasons ago. I dunno, I'm probably (am) being over-critical, but I've just seen so many Scottish Prem players come over to England full of promise and just flop because they don't have the ability or are unable to adapt to the differences between English and Scottish football... I don't want us to become victim to another. Not saying that WILL be the case, but I'm just worried about it...

All that said, having seen the highlights, two things I do like.

1. Pace

2. Seems to realise he has pace- when he does cuts etc as "skill", he does so in a way that he doesn't lose momentum. 

Edited by StudentOwl

Just have- but Youtube made Stevie May look like a worldie and by the accounts on here Nuhiu as well... I always take those things with a pinch of salt.

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/james-forrest/110336/

I'm also cautious because looking at that he's only had one full season of being in Celtic's first team squad regularly, and that was three seasons ago. I dunno, I'm probably (am) being over-critical, but I've just seen so many Scottish Prem players come over to England full of promise and just flop because they don't have the ability or are unable to adapt to the differences between English and Scottish football... I don't want us to become victim to another. Not saying that WILL be the case, but I'm just worried about it...

All that said, having seen the highlights, two things I do like.

1. Pace

2. Seems to realise he has pace- when he does cuts etc as "skill", he does so in a way that he doesn't lose momentum. 

But there's also umpteen amount of Scottish players who have cut it in this country.

I think it's absolute testicles that, just because a player is Scottish or comes from that league, he can't make it here.

Stevie May has been a let down. Of course. But there are hundreds of good Scottish players playing at this level and above.

All but two of the last Scotland first 11 play in England. The two being Brown who plays for Celtic and Maloney who plays in the US.

The rest play in the Premier league or are playing for a good championship club.

Try telling a Derby fan that Scottish players can't adapt to the English game...

Guest wilyfox

The best ones can adapt, but how soon? Quick enough to get us up within two seasons? History suggests maybe not.

Guest wilyfox

"He has been out for 550 days in the last four years, which is almost two years," explained manager Deila.

Would be very risky in terms of quality and fitness.

Unavailable for 550 days out of 4 years is equivalent to being injured for 38% of the time.

Lewis Buxton (assuming he plays today) has played 106 games out of a possible 184 games (assuming a 46 game season, I realise it's an oversimplification but forgive me for that). That means that he's been injured 42% of the time over the last 4 years.

So you're proposing we sign someone who despite being almost a decade younger than Lewis Buxton has almost as bad an injury record... what is it Buxton's labelled by some on here? 

I'm not moaning about the guy, if he signs he's got my backing completely- I want him to do very well for us. But you'll have to forgive my caution with it all

EDIT: Or another way to look at it. In the last three years, Forrest has made 30 starts.

Lewis Buxton has made 66.

Edited by StudentOwl

Just been looking at the list of players out of contract this summer, not all of them so no Forster-Caskey or Sean Scannell, but the names that catch my eye would be McGoldrick, Lewis Dunk, Ishmael Miller, Rodallega, Yakubu and Alex Pearce. None of them would be amazing but they could at least contribute at championship level.

EDIT: link here - https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/final-championship-players-out-of-contract-summer-2015/

Edited by GroundhoppingOwl

I'd like to see Darren Bent, Kevin Nolan (wages would rule him out), experience and goals in them 2.

I'd like to see the youthfulness of Jesse lingard and as much as he would be hated but what about McLean from Wigan on the wing put him in a side that can defend and watch him go.

Just my opinions on classy possibly available to us come next season.

Guest wilyfox

Just been looking at the list of players out of contract this summer, not all of them so no Forster-Caskey or Sean Scannell, but the names that catch my eye would be McGoldrick, Lewis Dunk, Ishmael Miller, Rodallega, Yakubu and Alex Pearce. None of them would be amazing but they could at least contribute at championship level.

EDIT: link here - https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/final-championship-players-out-of-contract-summer-2015/

Dunk out of contact?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28490368

Edited by wilyfox

Guest shakesby

Heard again today the rumour about James Forrest at Celtic ... from a different source within the club.

Looks like this one's got legs.

Somebody who doesn't read Owlstalk told me the very same thing tonight. He might have just heard the same from somebody else who does read Owlstalk, but that's what I got told before logging on tonight.

Rumours I've heard so far - Forrest, Paterson (again), Marshall (again) and a lad from Watford. Can't remember who. All from different lads, but they might have just got it off here so could be testicles.

Somebody who doesn't read Owlstalk told me the very same thing tonight. He might have just heard the same from somebody else who does read Owlstalk, but that's what I got told before logging on tonight.

Rumours I've heard so far - Forrest, Paterson (again), Marshall (again) and a lad from Watford. Can't remember who. All from different lads, but they might have just got it off here so could be testicles.

31 pages and we finally have some realistic rumours

Guest shakesby

Think its worth mentioning the lad from Watford isn't McGugan. Can't remember his name, got a weird un.