Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox

Interesting as well that stevie May has taken everything swfc related off of his Twitter profile lol

I noticed that too.

Really hard to predict who will stay or go. It's possible to make a case for and against most of them.

Guest conisbrough

There is a complete lack of any rumours reliable or not regarding transfer activity at S6? I thought there would be numerous stories especially with Chansiri statements on aims for promotion. Also not been rumours about who to be released remember last season speculation as to who was to leave was making the papers.

In view of secrecy around Pearson and Roeder appointments and no leaks surrounding them it seems as though Chansiri has tight hold on information.

Usually have a few sources but info has dried up. Only infor found out relates to period prior to Chansiri taking control.

This guy is being released by Zenit in the summer and will be 34 beginning of next season. Not saying we should be interested or if it would even be possible, just wondering where he will end up. Wonder if he's still good enough for the prem or if he's going to bugger off to America or Qatar for the cash. He looked different class when I first saw him play years ago and then he really dropped off.post-22172-0-71829000-1430419285.jpg

Guest LEGEND

Comparing Chris Wood to Nuhiu...

Don't people realise its not down to the stats alone, it's down to him slowing every attack down, not being able to jump and looking like he doesn't understand football when he's playing.

Don't people realise its not down to the stats alone, it's down to him slowing every attack down, not being able to jump and looking like he doesn't understand football when he's playing.

But where would we be without his goals this season.

I don't rate nuhiu and also don't rate wood.

Chris Wood is a very good player but he needs to get away from leicesters sub bench , Ipswich was a poor move for him and I can see him going to Wolves in the summer

Adam Le Fondre is who we should get a deal done for

Don't say that, it'll get my hopes up!

Wickham and ALF up front with Lavery, Bus and Big Dave on the bench with May off somewhere more his level...

HMSPTL anyone?

Been hearing Wickham as well though it's third or fourth hand info so its a pinch of salt.

Also a certain Mr Rhodes

Adam Le Fondre is who we should get a deal done for

Who does ALF play for now, Is he still at Cardiff?

And what is his recent form like? 

He hasn't set the Championship alight this season, I'm not sure he is still what we need. 

Alf seems far more affordable, if Sunderland get relegated I'd suspect they'll be keeping Wickham.

That, plus his 60k a week contract.

Rhodes won't be affordable this year.

Supposedly Wickham is only if they stay up. If they come down they are keeping him

Supposedly Wickham is only if they stay up. If they come down they are keeping him

I just can't see it on those wages. That would be £3m a year on wages alone on one player, plus whatever it cost to buy him.

And I'd imagine there's premiership teams hovering around too.

Alf seems far more affordable, if Sunderland get relegated I'd suspect they'll be keeping Wickham.

That, plus his 60k a week contract.

Rhodes won't be affordable this year.

As I understand it, Rhodes will be affordable but there'll be too much competition. He is not going to be happy signing for someone hoping they get promoted like he did at Blackburn. He'll want to go to a team that's already there.

I've heard plenty of rumblings that we are interested though (as will be the top 10 in the championship and a handful of premier league clubs), which shows that we are willing to spend to get the quality in.

Edited by Random Task

Stats can be a good indicator.

I look at it like this, we should have two "target man" style forwards at the club. Yes, Chris Wood is better than Nuhiu, but the stats show that the man that even when playing for a slew of good teams, Wood only had one season in his career where he averaged more than a goal every four games. If we were to start next season with Wood as #1 choice target man with Nuhiu on the bench, I would be very disappointed because we deserve better than Chris Wood who is arguably only slightly better than Nuhiu. Only way it would work would be to get rid of Nuhiu, have Wood as second choice and bring in someone else- but this isn't cost effective or good for continuity in the team.

Alternatively, we get someone far superior (aka, Wickham) for more money at the initial outlay but with a far better goalscoring record than Wood and have HIM as the first choice target man striker with Nuhiu on the bench. To me that's the best option because it's cost effective AND provides us with a top striker on the pitch in the starting 11.

If we end up with Chris Wood at this club, I'll be disappointed because I think we could and should get better.