Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

What's the general consensus about taking Will Keane back next season either permanently or on loan?

From what I have seen he's not bad but wouldn't like him to be our main spearhead next season as I've built up a bit of an expectation now since the takeover.

What's the general consensus about taking Will Keane back next season either permanently or on loan?

From what I have seen he's not bad but wouldn't like him to be our main spearhead next season as I've built up a bit of an expectation now since the takeover.

Exactly, if we were clearing out all the others out, then yes, I'd be happy to have Keane as one of 4 or 5 options

Guest wilyfox

I wouldn't trust Keane to stay fit and healthy. Injuries are the reason it's taken him so long to make his mark at senior level. His talent isn't in question.

Educated guess. Gray has done a good job, but I don't think he's got the charisma, tactical nouse or gravitas to lead a team into the Premier League. The owners have raised the bar, and I'm not sure the fans have quite grasped it yet. We've been average for so long, we've kind of got used to it, and settled for it. Next season might shock a few, as the Thai lot appear to mean business. And quick.

This is the entire Gray thing in a nutshell.  The new owner can't afford to let sentimentality and nicey nicey 'give him a chance' guff get in the way of things.  

If they want us up in two years, they aren't going to waste 30% of that time-frame giving some guy a chance.  Gray has a certain style of play, that I think struggles against the more savvy managers.  There is no shame in the new guys going in a different direction at the end of the season, and we can thank Gray for steadying the ship.   But there is going to be a high turnover of players this summer - a bit of a culture shock around the place and a change of management may be what is needed to hit the ground running next season.  

Edited by blueandwhitematt

Guest wilyfox

Mills has plenty of experience at this level. Is Pearce on a free this summer?

Yep. Clarke confirmed yday that Reading will be offering him a new deal, but nothing to stop us from doing so, also. Believe Gray will have worked with him at Northampton briefly too.

Guest shakesby

Alex Pearce or Alex bruce, if available. Decent defenders, Bruce has a bit more experience and organisation about him.

Pearce - yes. Bruce - no.

Guest shakesby

Wouldn't mind jermaine pennant in from wigan if his contract is up. It would be great having him coming uin off the bench and his set pieces are superb. Can't see him being too happy with plyibg his trade in league one.

Pennant is the complete opposite of who we should be looking to sign. An ageing journeyman who will probably be on fairly high wages and doesn't offer a great deal despite being experienced.

No thanks. Pace and guile is needed out wide, alongside an accomplished Championship crosser, such as Brunt or Marshall.

Did Alex Bruce have a loan spell with us or am I imagining it

Yes, he had a short spell with us.