Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

They have only got three strikers he won't be going anywhere!

Rooney, Depay, Hernandez plus Wilson, They're also rumoured to be signing a mystery striker this week so I can definitely see them loaning him out.

Blackburn boss confirms boro have not approached them for rhodes? Is the agent pressing us to get it done faster? lol

Also i think man utd are going for it this year being linked with thomas muller now aswell as 1 or 2 more attacking options so on wilson wait and see i suppose.

Personally I'd love for us to have a goalscorer like Rhodes or Wickham as they're both the type of striker we've been crying out for, for years, probably since we exited the PL. But if you consider we could possibly bring in 2 or 3 strikers of vastly better quality than we've got upfront now for around the same price of a 10mill striker? Then it makes little sense if we splash out on just one player, instead of considering the likes of Dwight Gayle and Andre Gray, or even a young PL loanee such as Wilson or Pozo? We could probably get both Gayle and Gray for around the same price as it would take to get Rhodes. As much as I would love for us to have Rhodes, it would make more sense considering we will probably play 3 upfront? To go for 2 or 3 attacking players to fit that type of formation. Someone with pace like Gayle might suit us if we're going to play a 4-3-3 type formation, with Marco Matias or someone pacy or a young PL loanee playing on the other side of a front three spear-headed by someone like Andre Gray? But if we did bring in a 10mill striker of the quality of Rhodes and with a proven goalscoring record like his, you won't see me complaining despite the very high price tag. Because nowadays if you're serious about promotion and being in the big League you have to pay the going rate for quality players or for young gems, and thinking about it even if we did splash the cash, as long as we do get there in a year or two the money the club would receive from getting there and the greater TV money on offer in the top flight would make it worth the gamble.  

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 4m4 minutes ago

BLACKBURN ROVERS. Want 12m for Jordan Rhodes ... and not budging.

Well then they're stuck with a player bleeding them dry on wages that they can't afford, because there isn't a football club in the world that would take him for anywhere near that sort of money. Guess his career will stagnate there and Blackburn will lose him for nowt at the end of his contract.

My guess is this is a game of chicken and who budges first- wouldn't be surprised to see him move for £6 million on deadline day when they finally realise that they can't ask for silly money for him and expect a sale. If Rhodes stays, they may not get relegated, but they'll just be pushed further and further into debt and a still young-ish footballer's career will grind to a halt and he'll be nothing more than a mediocre memory in 10 years time, instead of the good striker recognition he deserves.