Is Bucky playing his way into a new contract?

Getting match-fit has helped and he showed his quality yesterday, just ran out of steam towards the end. Needs to get a contract because getting someone in with that kind of quality would cost and they wouldn't be any better and would expect first team football week in and week out. 

he has come back well, there is a risk as over last 2 seasons he will end up with about 30 games, which is not enough. Still not to old for someone to maybe offer him a 2 year deal. Some sort of pay as you play deal

it will be an interesting summer as there are a number of players who it could go either way for in terms of contracts. i believe we still need to maintain a core of experience and add the quality, particularly going forward that could have turned a lot of the draws into wins

He is, undoubtedly.

BUT

We've got 2 young promising right backs, and while Vermijl hasnt shown much so far, I think he will come good. And Palmer was untouchable earlier in the season.

We don't need 3 right backs, so you do the maths unfortunately for Lewis.

Fantastic cross for the first goal. 

He's a quality player and I'd be gutted to see him go. 

Shame that he has barely featured over the last two seasons. 

Sure there would be plenty of takers if he does move on. 

I'd have said no a few weeks ago, now i'm not so sure?

Same with Maguire. Why do some of our players refuse to go to 'the beach'?

This for me too.

I confess that I'd thought the chance of him getting another contract was pretty slim. He's just so good in the RB role though, and shows what decent delivery from the wings can do for you. Maybe he does get offered another year? I can't say I'd be upset right at this point if that happened. I wonder who else might be available though (from outside the club).

I was always in the camp that would have offered Maguire another deal.

Getting match-fit has helped and he showed his quality yesterday, just ran out of steam towards the end. Needs to get a contract because getting someone in with that kind of quality would cost and they wouldn't be any better and would expect first team football week in and week out. 

Could be right FF. As above, I don't know who else is available, nor who we could afford.

Id be happy with him and Palmer for right back next year. Dont really rate vermijl over either of them...

He is, undoubtedly.

BUT

We've got 2 young promising right backs, and while Vermijl hasnt shown much so far, I think he will come good. And Palmer was untouchable earlier in the season.

We don't need 3 right backs, so you do the maths unfortunately for Lewis.

Buxton and Vermijl at RB

Palmer back to RM.

Never as easy as just saying that but, it's possible. Having the experience at RB there would be no issues with the overlap down the right hand side. I know a few don't think Liam is that good in the RM position.

I think we'd be daft not to offer him a 1 year deal, knowing what he can bring to the table when he's healthy.

Yes, that's a big 'when', but a deal structured in a way that allows him to stay and limits our liability if he spends most of next season on the physio's table would be a sensible move for both parties. Over to you Mr Aldridge. 

Lewis has given Gray a difficult decision to make.

When fit he's a still a quality right back and still the best crosser of the ball at the club, which after so many seasons is a bit sad really.

Gray's given him an opportunity to stake a claim for a contract renewal, so I'm guessing he'll get one.