Is Bucky playing his way into a new contract?

Missed most of this season, only played 20 last season. Need better and more stability for the future. I'm not a bug aPalmer fan but think with him and Vermijl there's enough there to not warrant Buxton getting a new deal. If we have a more attacking philosophy next season I think Vermijl will look much better.

Also do people only see hims crossing? Defensively he should have given away a penalty and been sent off and needed to do more to at least put Kermogrant off for the header if he doesn't win it.

Great servant but if we are looking forward then surely it has to be a no for a new deal.

Missed most of this season, only played 20 last season. Need better and more stability for the future. I'm not a bug aPalmer fan but think with him and Vermijl there's enough there to not warrant Buxton getting a new deal. If we have a more attacking philosophy next season I think Vermijl will look much better.

Also do people only see hims crossing? Defensively he should have given away a penalty and been sent off and needed to do more to at least put Kermogrant off for the header if he doesn't win it.

Great servant but if we are looking forward then surely it has to be a no for a new deal.

The ref was right to refuse the pen in my opinion.

Buxton tripped over Kirkland but didn't touch Wilson

Cant be ruled by sentiment im afraid...otherwise it'll be the same squad again next season...we mustn't fall into this trap!! Maguire is an infuriating one too...looking good again and playing consistantly well..'just in time' !!!...Some very interesting decisions to be made in the next few weeks!!

The ref was right to refuse the pen in my opinion.

Buxton tripped over Kirkland but didn't touch Wilson

What!!! Are you seeing the same game? Kirkland trip Buxton who then goes flying into Wilson. That means it's a penalty. I swear some of our fans really have blue n white specs on.

I think we should re-sign him at the end of the season, Palmer's original position was in midfield so just have Buxton and Vermijl as our right-backs for next season. If Buxton does have another season of injuries then you can just slot Palmer back at right-back.

What!!! Are you seeing the same game? Kirkland trip Buxton who then goes flying into Wilson. That means it's a penalty. I swear some of our fans really have blue n white specs on.

Are you absolutely sure about that?

I've watched it back from every angle and whilst Wilson goes clattering down, he seems to do it on his own. It looks like Buxton clatters into him but I don't think he does.

Their players are very good at diving. Best divers I've seen.

He's our best right back and on that basis I would keep him.

We then need to manage his game time properly e.g only look to get a max of about 30 games a season playing Saturday to Saturday only and not in mid week.

Palmer can play the games when Buxton is rested and it's then up to Vermijl to play better than those two to get into the team.

Edited by York_Owl

Buxton and Vermijl at RB

Palmer back to RM.

Never as easy as just saying that but, it's possible. Having the experience at RB there would be no issues with the overlap down the right hand side. I know a few don't think Liam is that good in the RM position.

i hope/think there maybe better players than palmer here to occupy midfield as first choice next season...

as for lewis, outstanding f/b WHEN fit...

i'd possibly be wanting to keep him as cover on a paid as you play basis, but i think he may be able to secure better elsewhere...

if so,  A MAMMOTH THANK YOU TO A GUY YOU COULD LABEL MR. SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FOR SOME TIME NOW...

Ive seen 'sentiment' mentioned a couple of times here. The whole point being discussed is that it he is worth another year because he is technically very good and the best crosser, in my opinion better than Palmer who was originally suppossed to be playing in midfield anyway. Plus, as seen yesterday, Buxton can slot in at centre back (the position he played at the start of his career). Him and Maguire play better down the right as a combo than Palmer and Maguire.

I agree to not offer players contracts based on some kind of 'good service to the club' basis, but i do want us to keep our better footballing players. 1 year contract and see how he does next season.

i hope/think there maybe better players than palmer here to occupy midfield as first choice next season...

as for lewis, outstanding f/b WHEN fit...

i'd possibly be wanting to keep him as cover on a paid as you play basis, but i think he may be able to secure better elsewhere...

if so,  A MAMMOTH THANK YOU TO A GUY YOU COULD LABEL MR. SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FOR SOME TIME NOW...

I'm really conflicted on it. About 3 weeks ago I was thinking no, now I really don't know. Obviously the injury issue is the main one, no question he can do a job when fit. 

Your last bit - yup.