Scoreboard

Easy to see that most posters on here have zilch commercial experience. The current score board brings in virtually nothing in revenue. If the new one brings in just £1000 per game that is £25000 per season. £250,000 over 10 years. Believe me,as someone who was in charge of an advertising budget in a small business, I know that scoreboard will bring in far more than 1k per game, even with just 20,000 crowds. Its a captive audience.. You can't help but notice the adverts. But all we get on here are dimwits blabbing on about replays and clocks. Drag yourselves into the 21st century.

I'm not sure you we're condescending enough in this post

As other people have said this will generate much needed revenue through advertising. I was informed by a very good source when we played Man City away just one of their scoreboards for a Champions League game easily generates a million pounds in revenue. 

I'm guessing the new chairman will be looking into streaming games to Thailand so any advertising stream will be useful. like the video advertising boards around the ground alongside the scoreboard

Why all this fuss about a new scoreboard? The only thing it tells you of any major importance is the present score, and the time played (Hence the time left to play) If you're at the game, surely you can remember which team's scored and how many. If you can't remember that, your memory must be worse than mine, and that's saying a lot. As for the time left to lay, that is entirely in the hands of the Referee, who will NOT look at the scoreboard for his info.The only thing it could do is play replays of contentious decisions, which only lead to arguments among spectators.To be absolutely fair to the Ref, who, good or bad he may be, has to make his decision instantly, and whose only assistance is from ONE of his Linos, Assistant ref call 'em what you like.

Until the rules are altered and a fourth , or even a fifth ref to whom the main Official can call to look at replays before making his final decision, a scoreboard serves little purpose. Spend the money on either the Playing Staff or the ground.

It is this kind of short-sightedness that has lead to us where we have been for the past 15 years. I take it you don't understand that football is a business and that there is a bottom line that the "beanie counters" look at? The scoreboard will cost £x and generate £x times 10, over the next few years. That's almost like free cash.

Tha should drag thi sen into the 21st Century Buxton, customer(or fans)/client/user experience is a big deciding factor nowadays. Give these people a better experience, and they will keep using the products, or in our case, returning to watch more games. Granted it makes no difference to the hardened fans (of which I am one), but it can increase the club turnover in the long run. This is what we need to do, to simply catch up with the rest of the clubs out there.

You can't just throw money at players, without having a medium and long term strategy to help sustain the spending. That is exactly what the FFP regulation has been designed for; to stop over-spending and over-stretching of finances, which have ultimately crippled clubs like ours.

It isn't about making a new scoreboard the #1 priority. It is about dragging our club back in to the 21st Century, and making us competitive again.

I'd honestly go back to the old hangin' scores on pegs in front of the North an' South..This creates revenue by every f.ooker buying a programme to see who "B" is...I think the Blades used to be "J" but I stand to be corrected....

This also caused much hilarity cos the operator chucked his cap up in the air when walkin' towards said letter when the blades were losing...It also creates a job..(for cap throwin' operator)

Wednesday have been down this road before when they put the ground before the team, the pitch..deffo needs sorting, but I reckon this could be done by simply re employing the bloke who used to do it..

The West needs a lick of paint cos away supporters aren't happy?...I mean..f.ook them...I'm not mithered about away fans going home happy under any circumstances...

The team is the be all and end all...and if I have to p*ss into that old brown guttered toilet affair that flooded after 20 minutes to see the Owls beat Chelsea...I'll wade knee deep through p*ss for it.

Its a telly>>>I mean for f.ooks sake, we see one every day..bloody highlights....!!...what sodding highlights?...Wait til we have some highlights then think about it...

Next season..The new "Telly" plays.."Last  seasons highlights"....5 seconds later the bloody little white dot comes on and they play the national anthem...

Edited by asteener1867

Let's hope we get one that is ridiculously oversized. After all we are the massive aren't we? In fact everything about the club should shout "massive" from now on. Massive pies and massive bottles of hendo's. Oh and give madine a new contract his massive ego should fit right in with our new way of thinking

And massive price hikes...

Natalie sawyer is absolutely gorgeous

Her husbands a reyt dweeb aswell

thought she was single? She was with Sam Matterface

© Wiki She was married to former Sky Sports News colleague, Sam Matterface, and they have a son, who was born on 28 October 2010.[citation needed]Sam Matterface confirmed their divorce in an interview with the Radio Times in June 2014.

While I'm pleased that we are having a new scoreboard I would love to see the current one stay, anyone else feel the same?

Don't think ive been to another stadium with a scoreboard like ours.. Character and all that.

That's like saying I preferred the old flood lights, let's keep the old heavy footballs, let's have s muddy pitch.... Oh wait!