New Stadium .

If that comes to fruition regarding the pitch, it'll be hilarious.

Sure I read the other day one of the top brass at United that they had ensured they were at the front of the queue for the pitch installation this summer after missing out last summer because they were late to requesting one.  How have we jumped ahead of them?  Would we pay more money and get preferential installation terms?

Chansiri has bought the pitch company  :stuwinky:

My understanding is that the new owners would prefer to stay at Hillsborough but the risk of flooding is a major concern. Therefore the stadium will be rebuilt with that in mind.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Feel sorry for the ball boy who has to retrieve the ball when Colin West is invited to take a pen.

Rumour I heard was that they were.

Getting permission of building a stadium in Dore  :tango:  also the road infrastructure is terrible . 

Edit 

Training facilities could be a goer 

Edited by hugeowl

The rumoure I've heard is next to mercure hotel on parkway .

Expect any reference tommorow to be along lines of all avenues to be explored new stadium or upgrade to be looked at

That'd be brilliant

5 minute walk from my house

That'd be brilliant

5 minute walk from my house

I think technically the Mercure hotel is in Rotherham - the whole boundary skirts the eastern edge of the link road coming off the parkway. I can see us looking at a site off the parkway though, as transport for home and away fans better - probably nearer sheffield CC - around the athletics stadium in Darnall so you have connectivity with the supertram. We could look at the whole LEP/university scheme at the Don Valley and look at expanding it for a multi purpose site.

It really depends on how much hillsborough would cost to get another 50 years out of it

Feel sorry for the ball boy who has to retrieve the ball when Colin West is invited to take a pen.

Unfortunately the ball boys will be replaced by a much more able combined cheerleader & ball retrieval troop.

post-7193-0-96973600-1425234306.jpg

If that comes to fruition regarding the pitch, it'll be hilarious.

Sure I read the other day one of the top brass at United that they had ensured they were at the front of the queue for the pitch installation this summer after missing out last summer because they were late to requesting one.  How have we jumped ahead of them?  Would we pay more money and get preferential installation terms?

I can't see it, UTD from what I've heard are already booked in and have been for some time, they are only able to lay 3 before the season starts so I can't see people just jumping in front of others, like to know where it's come from didn't know we were even in for a desso pitch

I can't see it, UTD from what I've heard are already booked in and have been for some time, they are only able to lay 3 before the season starts so I can't see people just jumping in front of others, like to know where it's come from didn't know we were even in for a desso pitch

It's come from King Monkey, who has never been wrong about owt he's posted about the tramps before.  

Dave Jones wanted to move the first team training ground to the HSBC at Dore while leaving the academy at Middlewood and the Community at the new centre on Penistone Road.

We don't need a new ground - it's big enough for us and has good transport links.

It just needs renovating.

- Raise the gradient of the West Stand lower so that the back of the lower meets the front of the upper i.e. a single tier stand.

- Knock down the NW corner (no point renovating it because we're not allowed to put a roof on it) and relocate stadium control there

- Redevelop concourse facilities at back of Kop and North, as well as fitting new executive boxes to top of North

Final capacity would be about 38k. If we ever became truly massive we'd still have three corners to a build up.

Maximum capacity would possibly be 55k

Pardon my ignorance but what is this desso pitch your on about?

Dave Jones wanted to move the first team training ground to the HSBC at Dore while leaving the academy at Middlewood and the Community at the new centre on Penistone Road.

We don't need a new ground - it's big enough for us and has good transport links.

It just needs renovating.

- Raise the gradient of the West Stand lower so that the back of the lower meets the front of the upper i.e. a single tier stand.

- Knock down the NW corner (no point renovating it because we're not allowed to put a roof on it) and relocate stadium control there

- Redevelop concourse facilities at back of Kop and North, as well as fitting new executive boxes to top of North

Final capacity would be about 38k. If we ever became truly massive we'd still have three corners to a build up.

Maximum capacity would possibly be 55k

I can't think of another stadium control unit at any other major modern stadium.