New Stadium .

No its not....

Derby, Stoke, Brighton, Hull all had SIGNIFICANT increases in attendance upon reaching the PL. 

Same as swansea. These are teams in towns FAR smaller than sheffield

If you don't think crowds have increased in the PL in the "modern" 2000 

+ - 2015 era your not sane.... 

Don't think Brighton have ever been in the premier lge

Ignoring the Leeds fan and his belief that the potential of getting 60000 against Man U and Wycombe are the same.

I wouldn't be looking to shrink our capacity, but a look back over the past 50 years says an average attendance over 30,000 is unlikely.

You'd think that wouldn't you, but with our fans starved of top flight football for over 15 years and the prem being a complete different beast to what it was the last time we were there, we would easily and I mean EASILY average more than 30k

You'd think that wouldn't you, but with our fans starved of top flight football for over 15 years and the prem being a complete different beast to what it was the last time we were there, we would easily and I mean EASILY average more than 30k

Why do people keep posting this?

Good grief, the demand was there back then, that's why clubs were all selling out every week. 

Are you saying that if Man U had 76k capacity back then they wouldn't of filled it? or Newcastle 52k, Arsenal 60k. Of course they would because the demand for tickets was there.

In fairness im only 38 and i remember turning up at Old trafford and just paying on the Stretford End after away end had sold out, Newcastle FFS its like with Leeds people just blank out the gates of 15k in old division 1 before the football boom plus Arsenal didnt always sell out Highbury.

Guest _Ibbo_

Just a few examples of teams whose support shoots up in the prem are

Stoke 14000 chammp 27,28 prem

Boro 15000 champ 30000+ prem

Those clubs doubled their averages in prem and in boros case went back to normal on relegation there are countless other examples what were sunderlands crowds at roker park and of course our neighbours who in four seasons top flight football in the ninetis never threatened to average 25k and were 20_ 30 percent behind us on crowds yet easily broke 30k on their last season there and would have got more with a bigger ground

There's one thing we hopefully have now we haven't had before true ambition and people who now what their doing and the money to do it part of that is having the right stadium wich must be world cup standard at least

Build a 30k ground means no real ambition

Why do people keep posting this?

Stoke 14000 chammp 27,28 prem

Boro 15000 champ 30000+ prem

Yet you seem to think we wouldn't increase attendance..... 

Read it back again then properly. I said that back in 1999/2000 the PL had never been as popular.

You continue to make things up though to suit your point. Turnover and gate receipts = Success???? never said that either.

Eh up, mi stalkers er.

OK JV you didnt then lets all play a big game of lets pretend but if you wish to re-read the thread about Black Friday deals you did say this but i cant be arsed reading it all.

You are using arguments regarding crowds from a season we were absolute drivel and saying the League in general hadnt ever been so popular thats a shocking comparision, If you look were we were in the pecking order of crowds between 1991/1992 season and when we got relegated that will give a clearer indication of were we would be in the crowds stakes.

Also use the the fact that SUFC averaged over 30k in the Premier and only a complete tool would say we arent a much bigger club than them so its feasible we could average 35k in the prem.

With current teams in there i reckon sell outs v -

Man United

Man City

Chelsea

Liverpool

Everton

Newcastle

Arsenal

Spurs

36/37k v

Sunderland

West Ham

Hull(Very Close)

30k-35k

Villa

Leicester

28k-30k

Southampton

Swansea

Palace

West Brom

QPR

Burnley

Thats based on a bang average season say finish 12th-17th, if we were anywere near the top six then crowds would increase for the other games.

With the world cup plans and better facilities elsewhere around the ground it could be made that the grandstand and the new top tear of the west were only opened once demand is there. That would put capacity at about 35k for normal games with a possibility of 45 when we play man utd, man city, liverpool etc...

This would make me very happy.

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet