New Stadium .

Dave Jones wanted to move the first team training ground to the HSBC at Dore while leaving the academy at Middlewood and the Community at the new centre on Penistone Road.

We don't need a new ground - it's big enough for us and has good transport links.

It just needs renovating.

- Raise the gradient of the West Stand lower so that the back of the lower meets the front of the upper i.e. a single tier stand.

- Knock down the NW corner (no point renovating it because we're not allowed to put a roof on it) and relocate stadium control there

- Redevelop concourse facilities at back of Kop and North, as well as fitting new executive boxes to top of North

Final capacity would be about 38k. If we ever became truly massive we'd still have three corners to a build up.

Maximum capacity would possibly be 55k

How come we're not allowed to roof the nw corner?

My friends grandson is with the junior academy and he was told this morning that plans are in place with the company that built Brightons Falmer Stadium (Annex) who are The Buckingham Group Developers. An official announcement will be made sometime this week.

Guest totemowl

My friends grandson is with the junior academy and he was told this morning that plans are in place with the company that built Brightons Falmer Stadium (Annex) who are The Buckingham Group Developers. An official announcement will be made sometime this week.

Haha

The problem with Hillsborough is that the land holds little or no value. Therefore, to move, would be expensive, as you would have very little from the sale of the old stadium. This is where United have a big advantage. They should have sold that City Centre site years ago, cashed in, and moved to a purpose built out of town ground.

For what it's worth I've got a feeling the new bloke is just taking a quick punt on us. He'll spend a few quid doing up the ground a few on players with the hope of getting us into the prem within the next 3 years or so. If that doesn't happen he'll sell us on.

The new owners have had nowhere near enough time to locate a suitable site, purchase the site, engage architects to design a stadium & apply for planning permission with Sheffield City Council. Unless of course the developers mentioned are re-developing Hillsborough as per the failed world cup bid plans.