If Sheffield Wednesday moved away from Hillsborough...

We can't afford a new ground and it would be crazy even if we got takenover.

Because the new owners would be better off fixing up our existing one and putting money into the team, our infrastructure,

facilities and commercial side all things that have been neglected under MM recently whilst he's looking for a way out.

Couldn't think of anything worse than driving to nigh on rotherham to watch wednesday play on some Shiite soulless stadium.

Why bother?

I agree, Blackburn's postal address is Blackburn, Rotherham. Has Sheffield postcode that is all. It is not Sheffield. Whatever next... Bawtry

Is the lowest point in Sheffield, hence it's where all the poo poo runs to. It would be flooded all the time

We'd literally be next to the **** of Sheffield.

How come half of Blackburn is on a hill?

Somewhere near Tinsley. Shepcote Lane. Tram and M1 close by. Loads of flat, vacant industrial sites.

If you look at all the medium sized clubs that have enjoyed relative success over the last 15 years, most have them have had new stadiums.

I'd be there Don Valley way plus the HS2 train link will be stopping there which makes it even more attractive!

It's all about how much money can the stadium generate.

Then present stadium can be renovated, brought into the 21st century, but how much money can it generate over 12 months?.

If you build a new stadium you can attract sponsorship through various agencies and govt departments using ecological developments, community services etc, then there is the commercial side of it, depending where the stadium would be, you could build in retail and leisure centres, Fitness clubs, Cineplex, bowling alleys, Bars etc, all that would bring in financial aid to the club from out side of Football.

Of course all this would be in the future.

Hasn't hurt Man U or Newcastle as they had room to significantly expand capacity.

Hasn't hurt Chelsea as they are bankrolled by Abramovitch.

Liverpool? Turnover now significantly behind Arsenal, Chelsea and the Manchester clubs. Match day income isn't even half that of Arsenal. Wage bill is barely 2/3rds of Chelsea's. Wouldn't increased revenue lead to increased spending and a greater chance of success?

If Liverpool had its version of the Emirates, and the money it generates, things could look very, very different.

Good post

The reality is that we had one of the best grounds in the world after the 1966 world cup but decades of bad decisions have left us with an old inefficient shell of a ground.

We need revenue to compete with our peers

Can you imagine the state of the ground if nothing is done in the next 10 years

It will become a big version of saltergate or millmoor

Substantial renovation to 3 sides of the ground (perhaps similar to Lees 2018 mock up) or move doing nothing is not an option

Edited by Geedee

Would have to be in S6, S35 or S36

Why??

I love/support Sheffield Wednesday not the area of Hillsborough. Those that say (albeit hypothetically) that they wouldn't go again if we moved from Hillsborough aren't "real" Wednesday fans to me. As long as we play in Sheffield (clues in our name!) I would watch us regardless.

If a move away from Hillsborough benefited the club then so be it. We've moved before and if Arsenal and Man City can do it then so can we.

As some have said before the area near Kelham Island would be ideal if this ever did happen.