If Sheffield Wednesday moved away from Hillsborough...

There are still plenty of positives about Hillsborough but the main two negatives are, in my opinion, the logistics of getting to and from and the fact that there is little scope to develop areas where non football related revenue can be generated. In fact, you would have to look at whether the area is even right to develop those kind of business opportunities, I'm not sure it is. I suppose also the stigma of the disaster still hangs over the place. This will heal in time of course, but it will take perhaps another generation before it starts to fade.

There are plenty of accessible locations. Lack of pubs and surrounding businesses would be an issue though

Those would spring up around though after especially if they made the ground useful for other things not just football. Have a hotel (if in a good location), gym and other things that we can use to generate some money for the club. 

Guest Grez Bez

There are still plenty of positives about Hillsborough but the main two negatives are, in my opinion, the logistics of getting to and from and the fact that there is little scope to develop areas where non football related revenue can be generated. In fact, you would have to look at whether the area is even right to develop those kind of business opportunities, I'm not sure it is. I suppose also the stigma of the disaster still hangs over the place. This will heal in time of course, but it will take perhaps another generation before it starts to fade.

There us loads of space behind all but the North stand really.

Mappings lane and the Kop have Loads of unused land

There us loads of space behind all but the North stand really.

Mappings lane and the Kop have Loads of unused land

To do what with though We are unlikely to get planning permission as it's bang in the middle of a residential area. It's a tricky one

Build on the site of the old Castle market and surrounding area ..... That part of town needs investment .... The old court house could be our hotel ....

The council could apply for grants to help finance it .....

Edited by Kernow_Blu

Build on the site of the old Castle market and surrounding area ..... That part of town needs investment .... The old court house could be our hotel ....

That would really p off United, great idea!

This is certainly the US model. Many new ball parks have been built as close to the CBD as possible. Construction would probably be more expensive though.

Same thread same post fron me.

Why do people say Hillsborough costs more to maintain than other stadiums?

Do we own the river?

What about a little hydro-electric unit in there? Even if we don't just stick one in no-one will notice.

Probably get a year or 2 of free leccy to keep the old lady ticking over.

And I could pop out for an espresso during a lull in play