If Sheffield Wednesday moved away from Hillsborough...

Build it and they will cum.

they didnt at coventry, are derby any stronger for leaving the baseball ground.stoke were a long time at the brittania on 12´000 gates before the finally hit the big time . boro get pathetic gates .......you want big gates spend 30 million on the team and hillsboro would be rammed .

Just needs money spending on our ground.The images looked brilliant if England had got the world cup, as whats been said before nothing wrong with Old Trafford St James

Park. The next thing you will be saying is a ground share with those piggy gunts

With all the added space we could fill it with stuff that cost money to use

Phone charging lockers £10 a go

Passport photo boothes £10 per pic.

E-Cig shop

Some of those massaging chairs you get in airports for really tense games.

Duty free shop?

Endless possibilities.

Just needs money spending on our ground.The images looked brilliant if England had got the world cup, as whats been said before nothing wrong with Old Trafford St James

Park. The next thing you will be saying is a ground share with those piggy gunts

I'd have no problem to share with them, if it was at a new purpose built stadium

No seriously i'd much rather develop Hillsborough. 

Would be interesting though to get some accurate figures in terms of how much it would cost to bring Hillsborough into the 21st century compared to building a new stadium.

I'm in favour of a convenient name change though if it brings in money via sponsorship.

We'd still call it Hillsborough but would mean everytime other people hear the name of the ground they dont think of death and corruption.

Also when you do a google search for some pics of the ground you wouldn't get pictures of people being crushed to death. 

How are most new stadiums financed? It seems plenty of clubs with less resources than ourselves are able to find ways of facilitating a move to a new stadium. Has the club ever done a feasibility study regarding a possible move away?

I see the argument for not S6 (I've lived there all my life) but it has to be remembered it wasn't always our home AND many fans travel to see the Owls.

I wonder if a survey has ever been done - what percentage of Owls fans walk to the game against those who have to take transport of some sort??

but how many years would it take to payoff the expense of building it

At some point the higher costs of maintaining an old stadium will outstrip the cost of building and maintaining a new stadium, especially if that is offset by greater income. On the assumption that Sheffield Wednesday will be going strong in another 150 years, cost shouldn't really be the factor which deters us from building a new stadium or completely revamping Hillsborough. You have to assume that - done properly - it pays off in the end.

How are most new stadiums financed? It seems plenty of clubs with less resources than ourselves are able to find ways of facilitating a move to a new stadium. Has the club ever done a feasibility study regarding a possible move away?

MM obviously doesn't have the resources to either upgrade Hillsborough or finance a move to a new stadium. Any prospective new owners worth their salt will realise that as well as buying the club & improving the squad they must also throw resources at the stadium. I'm sure a feasibility study on the pros & cons of renovating Hillsborough or building a new stadium will be part of that process but it needs to be a priority. The longer Hillsborough is left without an upgrade the more it will cost to do so, to the point where the more cost effective option will be to demolish & start again.

This! And when the old one is demolished, turn it into a park. Jobs a gooden.

whilst that seems an obvious choice it isn't because unless the entire park area is remodeled it doesn't address the lack of parking space.  It isn't my choice to leave the history tradition and personal memories of hIllsborough but I can see compelling reasons for it