The Sheffield Red Bulls

It is against Football League rules for a club to incorporate advertising in its name.

So Sheffield Red Bulls cannot happen.   End of story.

Now if you'd stated 'Red Bull stadium' etc, thats a different matter.

Why don't you go support Huddersfield?  They've had McAlpine stadium, Galpharm, John Smith's stadium(probably a few more names too)   and they've only been in their new abode for less than 20 years.

I wouldn't want this to happen but the attitudes of some on the thread are as expected.

There are few places in the world where people revel in boasting that they are LESS, not more, of the sum of their parts.  It is a tragic badge of honour in the Yorkshireman that they revel more in talking about the fact they were at the mid week, freezing cold away beating at Exeter rather than, for example, a magnificent 3-1 victory against Man Utd in their treble winning year.

Our fans secretly enjoy being poo .  I find it quite sad.

One of the flimsiest wind ups for a while on here...although I do enjoy 'em...Only on Owlstalk would a bloke from Hunters bar get accused of wiping out Tasmanias aboriginals cos he posted about a name change....(I read a book about that once..think there was a great female aboriginal warrior that got chased from one side of the island to the other)...much like TMO is being pursued on here

That badge and that post are beautiful.

There red on it...you genocidal maniac......................

My Leeds supporting mate seems to think Red Bull have approached Leeds

But the mad Italian doesn't want to sell

Thats cos Cellino will change from Red Bull to Blue Bull through green yellow and Mauve Bull...in a month.......

Only on Owlstalk would a bloke from Hunters bar get accused of wiping out Tasmanias aboriginals

Genuine l0l

There red on it...you genocidal maniac......................Thats cos Cellino will change from Red Bull to Blue Bull through green yellow and Mauve Bull...in a month.......

Just as I find what feels the perfect avatar that badge appears! It's glorious.

To be honest I could imagine red bull buying Leeds. I expect that we are heading to a franchise model in premier league football, with major cities having a team in the top flight either through being bought up by huge backers and promoted due to enormous investment, or the dreadful idea of a league crated by invitation to the top table rather than a meritocracy.

There are few places in the world where people revel in boasting that they are LESS, not more, of the sum of their parts.  It is a tragic badge of honour in the Yorkshireman that they revel more in talking about the fact they were at the mid week, freezing cold away beating at Exeter rather than, for example, a magnificent 3-1 victory against Man Utd in their treble winning year.

Our fans secretly enjoy being poo .  I find it quite sad.

We are more than our sum of parts, much more. It's just that many of the parts aren't worth much more than sod all. Remember those parts weren't bought by some Russian Oligarch using his ill gotten gains from ripping off the  Russian proletariat or some far eastern politician who had his slimey hands deep into the public purse while child labourers worked for pence per hour. They weren't bought by some Italian mafia boss with his profits from smuggling young girls from destitute families to work in his brothels. No my friend our parts were bought by Milan from the profits he made from legitimate business deals overcharging Silicon Valley moguls which is what Capitalism is all about.

Our parts might be cut price but they are ours and all paid for by money honestly gained by Milans slightly shadey accountant.

You say it's a badge of honour that we celebrate small victories, it's true, indeed we do. Our major victories are long gone, there are many who support this great club who weren't even alive when those long distant events took place. Others of the older generation find those memories dim with age as dementia steals their history from them. Lucky are those who can remember the glory days but how cruel that they mock those amongst us less fortunate.

Even the victory you value so highly is a shallow one, a defeat of a major power maybe but still no more than a fleeting pleasure. We won nothing that year as we do most years. We need to go back to 90/91 for our last vicory in't cup only it wasn't the real cup, it was the ersatz verion, the League Cup or as it was known at the time the Rumbelows Cup which is marginally better than it's previous incarnation the Milk Cup. It still doesn't set the heart racing but much better than nothing. A small victory in the scheme of things but at least honestly earned and it was a workmanlike 1. nil, not  some fancy walkover.

Wednesday epitomise the city and it's people. hard working, salt of the earth types. The best compliment a player can get is that "he put a shift in". High praise indeed from an area still steeped in the protestant work ethic. We don't value you fancy dan players, your show ponies. Reda, a grafter, flawed but always gave 100%, Carlton Palmer, a grafter, Semedo another grafter.

Our fans don't like being poo, but if we are poo then at least we will be honest hard working poo. Stuart Gray says we won't get beaten on effort and hard work even if we do get beaten by a bit of quality. That's the Wednesday way, we might not be the best but we will give it a bl**dy good go.

Any one who would have it any other way should support one of the Manchester clubs, develop a taste for prawn sandwiches (without the crusts) and drink Perrier water. I'll stick to roast pork with stuffing on a bread cake and a few pints like a true Wednesday fan