The Sheffield Red Bulls

Are you a true Wednesday fan or are you a wannabe.

If you are a true Wednesday fan you will know glory isn't for us, it's for others who have sold their souls to the devil. We sold ours to Milan who is more like a minor imp than a devil.

We have to make do with a scrappy win over mid table opposition on a wet tuesday in January as our moment of glory. Ours is the heart stopping moment of our star winger beating 3 players and blasting the ball......into row Z.

Get used to it my son. if you are a Wednesdayite these are your moments of glory not lifting the FA Cup, the Premier League title or the Champions Leauge .

If you can't hack it then support Chelsea, or one of the Manchester teams. Sell your soul for a silver trophy or several.

You decide are you  a man of steel or a make believe person of cheap silver plate.

And the winner of the Parkfield Prize goes to Prowl.Excellent post. lol

Guest Big Guns

Big Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where the hell have you been?

I'm offering The Wednesday Red Bulls in return for a redeveloped stadium, top 4 squad in the prem and a new scoreboard,

Also leffe on tap, you in?

I'm in

The Wednesday Red Bulls sounds good to me

I can see both sides to the argument, I wouldn't be keen to change the name of the club but I don't get all this banging on about history and tradition.

As it stands we haven't kicked a ball in the top flight for almost 15yrs, we have a stadium that costs a small fortune to maintain year upon year and is the centre of an inquest into the worst football disaster in history.

As for history were nothing to write home about Man Utd won more trophies under Sir Alex then we have in nearly 200 yrs.

Can you see RED Bull agreeing to us playing in blue and white. They would want us to wear red to go with their corporate colour scheme....if it snowed people might mistake our colours for red and white....shudder.

It's just not on unless we can persuade Red Bull to change their name to something more suitable. 

I'd love to be taken over by redbull, mainly because they're worth billions and are willing to spend loads of money to push the limits. The air race and the guy riding the motorcycle off a massive building in Vegas are 2 that spring to mind.

Why would they change our colours anyway? Redbull cans are blue and white, the writing and the bull logo are red but wouldn't mind that as a sponsor, it'd look pretty good actually.

More than happy to move grounds or have Hillsborough done up and renamed, wouldn't bother me one bit.

Not sure I'd like a name change, but also not sure why they'd want to change it. You buy a football club because you like the product as is surely? Plus owls have wings and fly.

We used to be a cricket club.

We used to play at Bramall Lane.

We used to play at Olive Grove.

We used to be called The Wednesday.

We used to be called The Blades.

We used to be good.

All of the above (and the last point in particular) illustrate that the past doesn't,
and shouldn't, dictate the future. We are what we are now because things change.

If we change our name (again), or our ground (again), it should be seen as evolution.

As it was in the past. (That's the same past so many of you want to hang on to btw).

Don't see why red bull wouldn't go for us.

They have the type of money to do it properly.

Means nothing. The bloke who is rumoured to be taking over Palace owns the Philidelphia 76ers in the US. He is a tight wad and has been fined for not spending enough money on the team in wages.

I would.

I can live with losing the name Wednesday and being a corperate ***** of a club, it's not ideal but it's better than what we have.

Some tradition and a type of kit..... vs challenging with Man U and Liverpool. Honestly, I'd take the switch.

My only shame with this post is that I can only neg you once. Why is being a "corperate" as you put it **** be ideal . Give me tradition - which is not a dirty word any day rather than some of the prem poo we have to listen to. Be very careful what you wish for.

I'm a Wednesday fan because my dad got a job in Sheffield when I was two. I'm now 38 and my dad and I have season tickets. On the way home from the Watford game, my dad jokingly asked me if I ever wished he'd found work in Manchester in the 70s instead of Sheffield. I didn't even think about it I said no chance. Does that cover my view on this?

My only shame with this post is that I can only neg you once. Why is being a "corperate" as you put it **** be ideal . Give me tradition - which is not a dirty word any day rather than some of the prem poo we have to listen to. Be very careful what you wish for.

Sometimes at Hillsborough I'm so bored I feel like 5h1tting myself just so I have something to do.

Neg away, it's how I felt when I posted it.

I'm bored mate, dangerously bored, I feel like doing something mental like selling us to red bull and having our tradition messed with.

Let me feel my feelings!!!!

Are you a true Wednesday fan or are you a wannabe.

If you are a true Wednesday fan you will know glory isn't for us, it's for others who have sold their souls to the devil. We sold ours to Milan who is more like a minor imp than a devil.

We have to make do with a scrappy win over mid table opposition on a wet tuesday in January as our moment of glory. Ours is the heart stopping moment of our star winger beating 3 players and blasting the ball......into row Z.

Get used to it my son. if you are a Wednesdayite these are your moments of glory not lifting the FA Cup, the Premier League title or the Champions League.

If you can't hack it then support Chelsea, or one of the Manchester teams. Sell your soul for a silver trophy or several.

You decide are you a man of steel or a make believe person of cheap silver plate.

Prowl, kudos to you......this is the Wednesday version of Rudyard Kipling's "If"......you are the S6 Laureate