The Sheffield Red Bulls

While you're sending your e-mail to Red Bull begging them to buy us, I'll be sending an e-mail to the North East Counties Division One North authorities asking if such a takeover were to go through, would they be willing to accept newly formed "The Wednesday of Sheffield FC".

You'll be missed.

To be honest I could imagine red bull buying Leeds. I expect that we are heading to a franchise model in premier league football, with major cities having a team in the top flight either through being bought up by huge backers and promoted due to enormous investment, or the dreadful idea of a league crated by invitation to the top table rather than a meritocracy.

And that will be the moment that supporters like myself and maybe one or two others on here will just about say enough is enough of this Americanisation of our beautiful game and just walk away from it altogether and find other sporting alternatives on a Sat afternoon.

The horror of being rebranded a bit and playing in the prem compared to plodding along until we get relegated to L1 again is a preferable horror for me.

No one has given me a reason against it other than it's gonna upset a few old blokes who don't even go to matches.

Kid starts hypothetical thread and gets a slating. F all wrong with a bit of imagination rather than moaning about our lack of goals and lack of investment all the time. Fair play - there are some miserable d!cks on here.

Personally - you're here for a good time, not a long time so I'd take the new stadium and the money and get up into the prem!

Edited by GlossyOwl

We used to be a cricket club.

We used to play at Bramall Lane.

We used to play at Olive Grove.

We used to be called The Wednesday.

We used to be called The Blades.

We used to be good.

All of the above (and the last point in particular) illustrate that the past doesn't,
and shouldn't, dictate the future. We are what we are now because things change.

If we change our name (again), or our ground (again), it should be seen as evolution.

As it was in the past. (That's the same past so many of you want to hang on to btw).