Stevie May

Hes not being scapegoated its just obvious to all accept gray that hes not ready for this level. If he was rotated and taken off when playing poorly fans would have more patience.

Hes being mismanaged at the moment and if he keeps being played for every minute of every game even when hes not contributing anything the fans will unfortunately turn on him.

He's 21 and playing at a level that is much tougher than what he's used to

The boy is still maturing and learning his trade, it's clear he needs more time to adapt

Playing him every minute of every game will help his game but only when we are playing well and with confidence

At the moment we have a team that loses it's way too easily and this isn't helping May at all

May isn't the problem at all, its a step up for him in the Championship and lets face it with our attacking credentials even the top strikers would struggle in our team.

11 goals conceded in the league. Best record in the Championship at the minute.

11 goals scored in the league. Only Blackpool have scored less.

^^^^^^^

THAT'S the problem. Imo We've not had a decent midfield since we had Brunt, Whelan and a fit Steve Watson in the team. Ever since we've been reliant upon loan signings, set pieces and huge slices of luck. We need a winger so we can move Maguire up front and we need an attacking center midfielder.

Whilst we're at it get shut of McCabe and Corry etc

He's been poor last couple of games. But I don't think that's a reflection on him overall. Has plenty to offer, and shown that he has the quality. All our strikers are struggling to score because we don't create enough, they get the odd chance here and there. Certainly don't want to see May on the wing ever again.

He needs to work on his strength, gets knocked off the ball far too easily- something that I think both Nuhiu and Madine have improved on since last season. I would guess that a full season in the championship and he'll look a better player next season (like Nuihu).

Good prospect, don't write him off yet. We desperately need to so something with midfield.

He is being asked (I presume) to do too much - he is all over the place, we are clearly not playing to his strengths, my impression is he is a clinical striker when in the right place (as he proved in Scotland - even if the quality is lower.)

How can a striker be in the right place and ready to pounce when he is covering almost every blade of grass on the pitch.

I hope we don't scare him off because it may very well come back to bite us - he will score goals in the Championship.

When he signed, the St Johnstone fans said that he might get 15 goals for us this year but would continue to improve. 15 might be a bit optimistic, but they knew they weren't selling us the finished article, so quite why we'd think he would be is beyond me.

I like him, I like his attitude and I don't see why he'd get any worse, definitely worth persevering with.

He's having to go looking for the ball due to por midfield work.

You can bet as much as you like, if he left us and signed for another championship club, he'd bang in 20 goals....

Antonio anyone?!?!

Was doing my head in how well he's doing at Forest but then I saw the goals he scored v Watford for them. We never put chances on a plate for him like they do

Jesus Christ this forum does my nut in sometimes. Once again the experts of Owlstalk decide one of players is not good enough for us. Is there anyone in our current squad that hasn't been classed as "not good enough" at some point? I swear 90% of the posters on this forum have absolutely no idea when it comes to football.

Have you just realised that.

I don't get the obsession we have with wanting strikers that have plenty of pace. Any striker who is rapid AND also knows where the back of the net is will be playing in the Premier League or will be far out of our price range.

You can make up for lack of pace by keeping the ball and playing the right pass at the right time to someones feet. Something that we seem to be completely inept at once we cross the half way line