Stevie May

For a start, play him because he's shown qualities that suggest he's by far the most likely of our 3 strikers to score goals on a regular basis. Look at the quality of his goals. There's nothing debatable about them, or the quality of the disallowed goal at Bolton. There's nothing debatable about the runs I've seen him make with my own eyes. Nothing debatable about the intelligence and control he showed to manufacture that chance at Leeds that he unfortunately dragged wide. Why do you and others choose to ignore these things?

And a quality passer is the number 1 ideal scenario. That doesn't mean we can't get plenty out of Stevie May without one.

That's all debatable. There's been very little evidence of quality unfortunately. He loses possession too easily to demonstrate anything to be honest!

Where did I say anything about not needing 3 supporting? I'm talking about playing May as central striker instead of Nuhiu. I've already explained the reason why.

You didn't. But to be fair, where did I say you did (this could get silly!).

The bit in brackets about 3 rather than 1 or 2 was about what Gray has done so far.

I was answering your point about Nuhiu not being prolific, or whatever you said.

What we need is for the centre forward to hold the ball up and bring the others into it. That only works if there's plenty pf support though. Gray hasn't been picking a side to support that yet, is all I'm saying.

From listening to the calls on RS and looking at some of the posts on here, it looks like weve identified our new scapegoat. Took a bit longer than I expected but it seems our wonderful fan base have found one.

How long before the ironic cheers, the jeering and booing starts?

All aboard the latest bandwaggon

This.

If we spent all the money we got from Antonio on him AND if we had a midfield creating him 10 chances a game and he still wasn't scoring, then fair enough.

HOWEVER, he didn't, and doesn't.

The only striker that will please some is Messi.