All Grays fault

jrh

He said it's because he wanted to defend, and wanted an extra man in midfield to get an extra body in, despite admitting that Ipswich were bypassing the midfield.

It's difficult to believe he'd say something so daft, but then he did do exactly that when they were pumping the ball long.

Why on earth Gray didn't keep the pressure on them, especially as they were really poor makes no sense.

First time I've seen decisions and thought WTF is he doing here?

Weird tactics.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

Can't blame Gray for the crowd thow. 17'700 home fans was bad. Or the traffic. Took me 40 mins longer getting through Penistone rd than our last home game when 12k more in attendance. May be the stupid road works every direction into Hillsborough had a big part in the decision by so many not to show up. Hopefully, the club have a claim in against the council, Sainsburys etc. Just like any other business affected.

Guest Distraught!

Ten games into the season (almost a quarter of the games gone already).

1.6 points average per game.

Four points from the automatic promotion league positions and two points from the play-offs with a threadbare squad and two key players out with long term injuries.

It's all Gray's fault - got a lot to answer for has Stuey!  lol

Can't blame Gray for the crowd thow. 17'700 home fans was bad. Or the traffic. Took me 40 mins longer getting through Penistone rd than our last home game when 12k more in attendance. May be the stupid road works every direction into Hillsborough had a big part in the decision by so many not to show up. Hopefully, the club have a claim in against the council, Sainsburys etc. Just like any other business affected.

I don't understand how they're getting away with shutting lanes on a major link road just build a bloody shop.

I might build a house down near M1 at Thorpe Hesley and shut one of lanes to make room for me scaffolding.  :rolleyes:

Ten games into the season (almost a quarter of the games gone already).

1.6 points average per game.

Four points from the automatic promotion league positions and two points from the play-offs with a threadbare squad and two key players out with long term injuries.

It's all Gray's fault - got a lot to answer for has Stuey! lol

It was his fault we didn't win tonight... surely you can't argue against that?

I was shocked at how poor Ipswich were tonight, definitely there for the taking.

Gray has been immense for us but that was his worst tactical game.

Going 4-5-1 and letting them back in the game was unnecessary.

Playing Maghoma in the middle doesn't work, playing May left or right midfield is a complete waste of his talents.

Maguire was our biggest threat tonight and he took him off.

Gray settled for a draw when we could have won it.

Bang on the money for me

More likely people were deflated by that City result

don't understand the 'square pegs in round holes' philosophy .... wingers in the middle, strikers on the wing - it just baffles me ??? why not play may as the furthest forward midfileder (in 'the hole') with maghoma/drenthe out wide ????

Yes I agree, it was a massive part of Jones' downfall after coming in and getting us promoted on the quoted 'round pegs in round holes' philosophy.

Take your Gray coloured shades off. Tonight was not about the squad, the lack of funds, the lack of a striker or of a competent midfielder, it was about one man's decision to change our tactics for those worse.

We were winning, we were in the ascendency, Ipswich offered nothing, we were making space, we were bossing midfield, then Gray decided to try something new with 10 minutes of the first half left. Within minutes they had 2 clear cut chances that were borne out of us allowing them to come at us. It was a mistake by Gray, but he wouldn't change it and it was a matter of time before they scored.

He needs to hold his hands up and admit he cost us 2 points today.

Yep.

Gray made a couple of mistakes tonight, but I think he told them to conserve energy for the Leeds game.  We don't have a big squad and (rightly or wrongly), Gray doesn't rotate it, and we have a fixture coming up which will be more important to the fans and could give us more momentum.

He was trying to do it the cheap way but it backfired a bit when Ipswich were really there for the taking in the first half.

But Gray is doing a brilliant job and any criticism should bear in mind that we've started this season brilliantly and Gray is almost solely to thank for our huge improvement of form and work rate.

I know SG is flavour of the month but the op has a point, we were all over the tractors like a rash just one up at half time (poor ref) Again !

But we went close on three occasions early in the second half. The tractors became more of a force then inexplicably SG lost his bottle and went 5 in the middle with May out wide, we were reduced to lumping it and I, for one, was relieved when the tractors settled for their point.

Work on the maths Stewart ...games like that we can see out result 1 point per game Or we can go for it result 1.33 points per game average.  

4 4 2  is when we are at our best , shouldn't have altered it , may out wide is a daft decision , he is a striker not a winger , and I daresay Maguire would be more settled in his favoured roll ,but that is for another day , tonight we fixed what wasn't broken and came unstuck , ,two points lost ,

All Grays fault... we just drew 11 with a team in better form than us with a dogey dissalowed goal for us and a dogy goal for them. Talkin out your arse. If it wasn't for Gray we would be relegation fodder

^ This.

Four points off the top after 10 games is incredible given the squad depth and the summer pantomime we endured. 

What tools is Gray working with?

Are they adequate?

Is it not more reasonable to assume that until he gets proper backing for quality strikers, a creative midfielder in the Sheridan mould, and a squad large enough to cope with injuries to key players, he'll always be looking to punch above his weight?

Meanwhile, Milan sits quietly in the background as Gray ponders his ever dwindling options.

Gray has done much better than anyone would've realistically expected, well done Stu. He also has the backing of his players.

I haven't gone on about my feelings towards Milan, as it becomes boring apparently, but you know where I stand on the subject of his investment in the team. Great businessman though.

Oh, and you can stick your we haven't any money comments up yer ar5e

Edited by theowlsman

Guest Big Guns

Lost us two points tonight by his terrible decision making. I mean putting May on the wing is a pathetic decision! Absolutely wasted and nuhiu upfront on his own at home is a terrible tactic.

Oh and his sub's as well!

the radio commentators couldnt believe the subs said maguire was outstanding and newwho shud have been subbed and madine brought on 

the radio commentators couldnt believe the subs said maguire was outstanding and newwho shud have been subbed and madine brought on

Gray is constantly having to think about the next game, and saving players for it, due to limited options at his disposal squad wise.

Sort that out, and everything clicks into place.