All Grays fault

jrh

Maguire, in his current form should not be in the 1st eleven!!! Didn't see him against Cardiff but against reading and again tonight, very very poor!!!

Very very poor?

He was our best player.

Be interesting to hear Stu's reasons for changing the formation at HT.

It didn't make sense to me, at 2-0 yes but at 1-0 and 45 to go it's just asking for trouble.

He said it's because he wanted to defend, and wanted an extra man in midfield to get an extra body in, despite admitting that Ipswich were bypassing the midfield. 

Ref was poor, bur I do think stuart did get it wrong tonight. But before passing judgement I'd like to know his reasoning. May out wide baffled me. Long lad up top alone was equally odd. We also allowed ourselves to get drawn into a hoofball game.

That's about I feel about it too.

He said it's because he wanted to defend, and wanted an extra man in midfield to get an extra body in, despite admitting that Ipswich were bypassing the midfield. 

Wonder why when it's half time and we're outplaying them? 

Think that's showing too much respect to Ipswich, we were on top so should have continued that way and gone for the 2nd goal which would have killed them off.

Maguire, in his current form should not be in the 1st eleven!!! Didn't see him against Cardiff but against reading and again tonight, very very poor!!!

So why did he get a round of applause when he went off??

I thought he gave a decent display tonight and never stopped running. 

Tbf to the OP we had Ipswich on the ropes playing 442 so why we changed was beyond me too if it was Jones this site would be in uproar however id have taken a point before hand, also for those blaming the Ref grow up we can't blame them every week were not victims of a conspiracy any football team winning 1-0 is vulnerable we should have put the game to bed fairly comfortably.

Also praise for Zayatte I'm a big critic of his but he started well tonight.

Maguire had his best game tonight. Rarely gave the ball away, tracked back, supported the front men and had several attempts himself.

I'm not a fan of Zayette, but him getting injured gave Mcarthy a lift. He was screaming at his team to put the ball into Murphy, who had moved onto Dielna. Ultimately, Dielna had an hand in the Ipswich goal when Missed a couple of chances to clear the ball.

Ipswich are more of a long ball team than us under DJ.

Take your Gray coloured shades off. Tonight was not about the squad, the lack of funds, the lack of a striker or of a competent midfielder, it was about one man's decision to change our tactics for those worse.

We were winning, we were in the ascendency, Ipswich offered nothing, we were making space, we were bossing midfield, then Gray decided to try something new with 10 minutes of the first half left. Within minutes they had 2 clear cut chances that were borne out of us allowing them to come at us. It was a mistake by Gray, but he wouldn't change it and it was a matter of time before they scored.

He needs to hold his hands up and admit he cost us 2 points today.

Very frustrating tonight. Gray is doing a brilliant job but that's my first moan at him tonight. First half was good. We were well on top, had Ipswich contained and could have been more than 1-0 up.

I don't know why we changed to 4-5-1 at half time though. It isolated Nuhiu and removed nearly all of our threat. Yes the goal was unlucky but we asked for that luck to go against us.

Anyway, onwards. Gray needs to carry on the great job he's doing and put it down as a mistake to hopefully not be repeated too often.