Todays referee and linesmen

In regards to the linesmen, I got the impression that they were under instructions from the referee to take his lead on literally everything and not make any decisions themselves.

The whole match was a ridiculous succession of horrible decisions regardless though.

This.  It was the same last week too.  I don't understand that as a ref, surely you want as much help as you can get.

Just not bothered...

If I were a Wednesday official I'd also be putting a complaint in about the fact the ref clearly and forcefully shoved Giles Coke in the chest with 2 hands.

You can't do that.

quite right Di Canio got an 11 game ban for the same

Terrible refereeing - for both teams really. Lost control of it early doors by not handing out a few deserved bookings - then over compensated by handing out a load of undeserved ones. Missed clear pens for both teams - loovens handball was a pen to be fair. Just awful.

Terrible refereeing - for both teams really. Lost control of it early doors by not handing out a few deserved bookings - then over compensated by handing out a load of undeserved ones. Missed clear pens for both teams - loovens handball was a pen to be fair. Just awful.

Right in front of me, would have been very hash as his arms were by his side and it was blasted at him from a yard away. The May one however was an arm that could have been moved out of the way and denied a clear scoring chance.

What gets me is lack of consistency.

Their right back clearly kicked ball away in first half and got a talking to.

Maguire did exactly the same thing and got booked.

I would love to show the ref both incidents and ask him to explain his reasoning.

Our team hasn't been able to 'manage' the ref for years though. Maguire got booked because their players told him to book him.

That is why we never get the rub of the green. I have seen Gary Neville talk about the importance of it - it is a skill.

Ref was terrible today.  I will give the nobber a thumbs up for not giving that pen in the final few minutes of the game.  

My heart was in my mouth at that point; I was sure he was going to give it to compete one of the most frustrating refereeing performances I've ever witnessed. There were so many bizarre decisions today, from throw-ins going the wrong way to free-kicks for non-existent challenges, it just seemed like sod's law his eyes and brain would suddenly work in unison to spot that one after failing to see our own penalty claim clearly.

I was wondering during the game if it was me being biased and seeing injustices where there were none, but it seems everyone round me and most on here saw what I saw. Shocking for both teams, inconsistent and no control whatsoever. He let them get away with everything and anything in both boxes. Shoves, pulls, wrestling moves and handballs were all fine. Granted we got away with one at the end with the handball but it was close range and arms by his side so hardly a massive mistake.

Truly awful. Worse than the one against forest which is almost unbelievable.

Iv seen better refs in the NPL. What the flip was that drop ball all about? We had the ball ffs. Foul on Westwood near the end. God knows how many pens missed. Throw ins given instead of goal kicks, Throw ins given wrong way. I could go on but today i truely believe that i have never seen anything like it.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Appalling decisions, absolutely fruit cakes. Anyone in the crowd even as a supporter of one of the teams today would have done a better job.

But the protection he gave reading was ridiculous.

Can't be arsed reading all this thread so apologies if it's been done to death. But what annoyed me was... the reading players looking for bookings for god ( stevie may ) when they shouldn't. . There were times he went to ground, both fouls and clashes..... Never as a dive. Unrelated, what a bell cox was.... We don't want any bells in our team. Should be an interview question for SG: are you a bell? Cox: yes i am. SG: do one then.

Just absolutely inept. A total shambles of a referee, with two waste of space linos.

What about the shot by May in second half that took a huge deflection and he gave a goal kick !!!! How can all three miss that ???

Some "referees" really should be removed.

When you get near 30,000 chanting 'you're not fit to referee'. 'You don't know what your doing', 'cheat cheat cheat' and booed off at ht and ft, then it tells you all you need to know re the officials performance