Todays referee and linesmen

Arguably Coke should have been sent off for the penalty.

The ref probably felt the need to give them everything when the pen was missed.

Can imagine Adkins talking to the ref at half time trying to buy more decisions because that is the way he is

I was furious at Coke for the penalty and surprised he didn't walk. He just ambled back towards the ball, allowing Murray, who's hardly the quickest, to beat him to it, before pulling him back. The lack of awareness or urgency was very alarming and totally out of character for this team at present. It was a real moment of madness from Giles that could have easily undermined the positive start he's made this season.

it is easy to have a pop at the ref  and many times it's when you lose

after a win when the conversation is what about the ref tho? You know he must've been  bad

we should have a points table for refs an asessment given a few days after the match when mature reflection  tempers the anger

a day on i still think he was pathetic

Just seen the handball at the on fls. Unbelievable that they missed it. The drop ball was just bizarre. And the way he handled cox (fnargh) at the fee kick before pushing coke was scandalous. Absolutely disgracefully reffing display

If I had to watch football, refereed like that every game, then I simply wouldn't go. And, I'm serious.

Stop/start all the time. Farcical time delays with the free kick and bounce up, and, cynical play being rewarded and going unrecognised.

30,000 fans turned up to watch that spectacle of dross.

The referee ought to be flogged.

I couldn't wait for the final whistle - and, it wasn't only to secure the 3 points.

If I had to watch football, refereed like that every game, then I simply wouldn't go. And, I'm serious.

Stop/start all the time. Farcical time delays with the free kick and bounce up, and, cynical play being rewarded and going unrecognised.

30,000 fans turned up to watch that spectacle of dross.

The referee ought to be flogged.

I couldn't wait for the final whistle - and, it wasn't only to secure the 3 points.

Agree wholeheartedly.

The frustration was such that I was even beginning to get annoyed when the ref blew to give us a free kick when Reading were attacking.

I hate stop/start games like that, they're the worst. I'd even prefer to watch a dull nil-nil so long as the game was flowing.

Im glad the ground got together and booed them. It made it a fortress that it should be, Well done everyone involved.

Agreed.

Every time numb-nut match officials attempt to project their personality on a game , they poison it. What is so difficult about following the game's rules to the letter? If the present lot can't do it, they should be replaced. This sycophantic culture of bigging-up match officials is of interest only to the ar5ehole5 themselves, and their hangers-on.

There ARE good refs in our game, but alas none have been spotted near Hillsborough this year. Sort it out, Football League!

Edited by tonyem