Todays referee and linesmen

As far back as when I was wearing shorts for school there has been a notion that referees buckle to the home supports cries.

This maybe true in other grounds but I can genuinely say I cannot remember us ever having a 'homer'.

These three clowns today were the latest in an ever increasing list of terrible officials.

The game had every chance of descending into farce.

Was it just me, or did May smash a shot off the Kop advertising boards in the second half and the referee somehow gave a throw in?

I can't blame him for not giving us a pen in the second half though, Palmer's embarrassing dive to try and cheat one was probably stuck in his head for the rest of the match.

Was it just me, or did May smash a shot off the Kop advertising boards in the second half and the referee somehow gave a throw in?

I can't blame him for not giving us a pen in the second half though, Palmer's embarrassing dive to try and cheat one was probably stuck in his head for the rest of the match.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

Just not bothered...

I think that fact our goal took a huge deflection was just made the win sweeter!

I was surprised he didn't find a reason to disallow it. Did his best to help them find an equalizer by not seeing any fouls when they were throwing us about from the late corners. 

Had he given them a penalty for handball after not giving us one which was arguably more of a pen due to the distance the ball moved before hitting the hand then he would probably have got lynched.

In regards to the linesmen, I got the impression that they were under instructions from the referee to take his lead on literally everything and not make any decisions themselves.

The whole match was a ridiculous succession of horrible decisions regardless though.

Officials ruined the game.   Wrong decisions, having the wool pulled over their eyes, being swayed by players around them and changing their minds - where do you start.

The ref lost the game several times too, which is inexcusable.  If players are around him harrasing him, surely all he has to do is pull a yellow out and say "next player who questions me gets this" but he didn't

He even missed an arm in our box in the second half, for me it was a penalty against us, and the ref clearly saw it but by this time looked scared to make such a decision.

Reading and the officials ruined the game, and dragged us into at times having to play rubbish football - you can't slate our players for the poor performance given what they were up against.

Edited by salmonbones