Todays referee and linesmen

Guest TonyOwl88

The whole match was a farse. I'm delighted that we won, but I have no idea what the f*** was happening for most of that match. It felt like opposites day or somet. I didn't even want to get caught up in the obligatory ref slating, but he made sure he took the spotlight. 

I was pretty sure we shouldn't get refs from West Yorkshire too.... what's that all about? 

So many simple errors from the referee and linesman... Ball easily out of play in front of South Stand and not given, shirt pulling on Nuhiu, forearm smash on May in penalty area, Palmer should have probably walked for that challenge in the first half, Loovens getting pushed over which almost resulted in a goal for Reading, corner given to Wednesday when it clearly was a goal kick... etc., etc.

it's not as if they were all 50/50 decisions - the sort that you sometimes win, sometimes lose - decisions that are down to an individual's view of an incident. They were all no brainers - the proverbial blind man on a galloping horse and all that.

Guest Hudders Owl87

What gets me is lack of consistency.

Their right back clearly kicked ball away in first half and got a talking to.

Maguire did exactly the same thing and got booked.

I would love to show the ref both incidents and ask him to explain his reasoning.

Our team hasn't been able to 'manage' the ref for years though. Maguire got booked because their players told him to book him.

That is why we never get the rub of the green. I have seen Gary Neville talk about the importance of it - it is a skill.

Bellamy is another one of those who is constantly in the refs ear! We've never been like that tho, and I think it shows a personality of a manager and team when you don't need to do it!!!

Loovens getting pushed over which almost resulted in a goal for Reading

That wasn't a foul, Loovens got his feet mixed up and fell over when he saw the Reading player had nicked the ball.

For me, he got their penalty correct.  He got Palmer's penalty appeal correct, he got May's penalty appeal correct (where he went down near the 6 yard box), and he got the reading handball appeal correct (ball to hand IMO, very close range).

The drop-ball was a fiasco, I didn't see the push on Coke, I thought the throw-in was Reading's (but there were people standing up as it was happening), there was an incident where May was about to go through but was impeded - but as May eventually got to the ball he let it go.  Should have brought it back as instead of a clear run he then had 3 defenders to deal with.

Not the worst ref I've ever seen by a long shot, seemed about the usual hit-and-miss Championship standard to me.  South Stand lino needs to re-think his career though.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Absolutely awful, even with throw-ins and corners.  May's was not a penalty.  The stream froze for the Coke tackle so I'm not sure.  Nuhiu was rugby tackled in the area....definate penalty. Then there were two handballs near the end that were BOTH penalties by Cooper for them and Loovens for us. Looks like he got 2 out of 5 right on the big decisions...pretty poor really.

Just absolutely inept. A total shambles of a referee, with two waste of space linos.

What about the shot by May in second half that took a huge deflection and he gave a goal kick !!!! How can all three miss that ???

Some "referees" really should be removed.

When you get near 30,000 chanting 'you're not fit to referee'. 'You don't know what your doing', 'cheat cheat cheat' and booed off at ht and ft, then it tells you all you need to know re the officials performance

Quite...........I know most of the 30k were somewhat partisan, but they can't all be wrong. Even my better half on her first trip to H.Q. and who knows zilch about the game really, asked why he was so one sided. (her first visit on our first wedding anniversary...that's the way to do it!) The worst set of officials I have seen in a long time, and we've had some bad 'uns over the years.

As far back as when I was wearing shorts for school there has been a notion that referees buckle to the home supports cries.

This maybe true in other grounds but I can genuinely say I cannot remember us ever having a 'homer'.

These three clowns today were the latest in an ever increasing list of terrible officials.

The game had every chance of descending into farce.

Tom Fitzpatrick gave us three penalties, all scored by Andy Blair in the eighties and i only appealed for one of them. I am pretty sure he never reffed us again.

The thing that worried me yesterday was the way in which the sheer volume of individual decisions going against us made it very hard for us to build any momentum and seemed to be tipping the balance in Reading's favour.

Nuhiu was hardly in the first half as he was being pulled and climbed all over, yet penalised for daring to jump on the few occasions he did manage to win the ball. We should have had a throw-in in the second half, giving us the chance to relieve some pressure, but for some reason the linesman decided to give it Reading, handing the initiative to them once again. The less said about the drop-ball incident or the farcical shenanigans Reading got away with when lining up their wall in the first half, the better.

There were countless similar incidents yesterday, each seemingly innocuous in isolation, but when viewed as part of a wider pattern, chipped away at our chances of winning the game. The fact that the refereeing team were booed off at the end, despite our win, says it all really. It really shouldn't be allowed to happen at any level of the game, but I expect we'll be having the same discussion several more times before the end of the season.

That wasn't a foul, Loovens got his feet mixed up and fell over when he saw the Reading player had nicked the ball.

For me, he got their penalty correct.  He got Palmer's penalty appeal correct, he got May's penalty appeal correct (where he went down near the 6 yard box), and he got the reading handball appeal correct (ball to hand IMO, very close range).

The drop-ball was a fiasco, I didn't see the push on Coke, I thought the throw-in was Reading's (but there were people standing up as it was happening), there was an incident where May was about to go through but was impeded - but as May eventually got to the ball he let it go.  Should have brought it back as instead of a clear run he then had 3 defenders to deal with.

Not the worst ref I've ever seen by a long shot, seemed about the usual hit-and-miss Championship standard to me.  South Stand lino needs to re-think his career though.

You must be on some fabulous sedatives. What are they? I could definately do with some of them. I bet your Mum and Dad were hippies. Peace man.

Guest tha_knows

Never gave the game a chance to flow, constantly blowing. Obviously wanted to be centre of attention. Can remember early in the first half Maghoma getting absolutely crunched outside the Reading box and he didn't give a foul, they then lost possession and he gave them a free kick! Really wound me up yesterday. Was convinced he was going to let extra time flow till they scored.

The Reading players started as they meant to go on with their shenanigans, I think it took all of 10 seconds into the match before Mattock got a late whack after he'd headed the ball away. Literally 5 yards from the linesman on the south, nothing given.

I don't know who to despise more, Adkins for seemingly encouraging these tactics, the players for carrying it out, or the officials for allowing it to happen. What a mess of a game.

Arguably Coke should have been sent off for the penalty.

The ref probably felt the need to give them everything when the pen was missed.

Can imagine Adkins talking to the ref at half time trying to buy more decisions because that is the way he is

Guest The Horse

We're still angry about it and we won.

If we'd lost (and the ref gave all the help he could to Reading) I think things would've got ugly at full time.