Crawling over broken glass? - What would you give up to watch the Mighty Owls?

A few years ago, I had the terrible pleasure to be working in Orlando, Florida, and was due to fly back home on the Friday. The plane was over-booked so the airline offered to bounce me onto the next flight on the following day, offering me free 5* accommodation in Orlando, all transfers, a free upgrade and $250 in cash for my trouble.

I declined their kind offer because it would have meant that I would have missed Wednesday's League One home match on the Saturday afternoon.

What pleasures or sacrifices have other Mighty Owls fans encountered (or what obstacles have been overcome) in order to make sure that you were in your seat in time for kick-off at a Wednesday game?

Guest LEGEND

I tend to book things around the matches so never have a problem...

But that's proper dedication from you! Should be in the programme with a story like that.

Ooohh...look at me

Pardon?

The OP mentioned that he flew back from Orlando to get to a game.

I said I would have to miss a game through being in Orlando. And that I was disappointed to be missing our closest derby of the season.

The weather comment was tongue in cheek.

It was a perfectly valid statement...

Edited by FlyingOwl

A few years ago, I had the terrible pleasure to be working in Orlando, Florida, and was due to fly back home on the Friday. The plane was over-booked so the airline offered to bounce me onto the next flight on the following day, offering me free 5* accommodation in Orlando, all transfers, a free upgrade and $250 in cash for my trouble.

I declined their kind offer because it would have meant that I would have missed Wednesday's League One home match on the Saturday afternoon.

What pleasures or sacrifices have other Mighty Owls fans encountered (or what obstacles have been overcome) in order to make sure that you were in your seat in time for kick-off at a Wednesday game?

Tha wants lookin at

First time i watched us away with the lads against coventry in1994 me mother wouldnt let me go so i told her i was going to meadowhall. Got caught on camera when Whittingham scored and got grounded for a month when my mum found out. We won so it did'nt matter.

I haven't missed a home league game in nearly 20 years, can count on one hand those I've missed in the last 34. I can't understand Wednesdayites who miss games due to holidays, mine are always carefully arranged around home games at least, and sometimes away games as well.

I've arranged shortened holidays to avoid missing a match, flew back from LA once and pretty much straight to the match to see us lose 3-1 to Villa (Sanetti game), came back early from Orlando to see a 0-0 draw with Rushden and DIamonds, have also missed family weddings, attended whilst I was ill including once with shingles, and even "abandoned" my newly born first child to go and see us lose 3-1 against Wolves (which as it's his birthday makes that seven years ago today).