Does Everyone Still Want THIS TAKEOVER To Happen?

Biggsy is never far off the mark with his speculation, and the (ratification is just a red herring)

seals it for me.

Wake up people, the money is just not there as we'll find out in the next few days.

the money is there but not easily accessible 

Yes, it is our only hope at the moment.

HM has funded Lens, there is no doubt he has shares in A Madrid and Porto, he is a very rich man BUT something has happened to his access to funds, that is now very clear with the Lens debacle, who knows what's going on in his homeland, maybe he and/or his family have annoyed people who can make life difficult, but this surely can't last forever?

this for me 

The Antonio deal was interesting. It revealed the uncertainty round the place (the only thing he shouldn't have said publicly in my opinion) but also the fact that two days before a further update it is Milan clearly still running the ship and making his own financial decisions

Let's say this takeover was imminent we'd have surely hung fire on Forest's bid. I think it's miles off or simply just totally off

My thoughts

Guest Moorey

Let's just make a solid start to the season (players) back the team (fans) and leave all the worry of a buyer to Milan (owner and invester of Club).

Milan has to make the club saleable and won't let it run down. Everything will improve down the line and events take a turn for the better.

The Antonio deal was interesting. It revealed the uncertainty round the place (the only thing he shouldn't have said publicly in my opinion) but also the fact that two days before a further update it is Milan clearly still running the ship and making his own financial decisions

Let's say this takeover was imminent we'd have surely hung fire on Forest's bid. I think it's miles off or simply just totally off

Or MM has talked to HM about it and they agreed to sell.

No to the take over, we're gambling with our beloved club, If Mammadov buys us, will we become part of the Baghlan Group? If yes and the group goes bust, where does that leave us? I remember the Reader's Digest flannel telling me I'd won a prize, a car, a boat and a house etc. It feels just like that - I'd won nothing.

What a great PR exercise for HM to walk into the club and say we've had a big from Forest, it's rejected and no further bids will be entertained. He would immediately get the fans on side.

Truth is I believe he is a million miles away from being our owner

Why would this get fans on his side, Antonio is more then welcome to leave for me.

Not sure.

Lot's of stuff has gone on which doesn't look good, but i think it's all to do with politics in his country. It appears to be more about him not being able to get huge sums from his accounts, rather than him being skint or his empire burning down. 

One thing that gives me a little comfort is that he he has past dealings with football clubs which appears to have been successful, until recently where things have hit rocky grounds- again i think this is symptom of the politics. 

I want his money, but i'm not so sure i want the baggage that comes with Mammadov. 

From memory it took Milan about 3 days or so to buy our club.  No messing about, ........interest in buying -> money available and ready -> deal done and signed.

People with money ACT !!....they don't fanny about waiting for cheques to clear or waiting for banks to give them the go ahead.

Something is very very wrong with this deal. If Mammadov has "all" his money tied up in Azerbaijan then that is a very poor judgement on his behalf. 

Has he not heard of " Swiss Bank Accounts".

I am now of the opinion this deal will not go through and will be called off.

If the banks issues are real, then you could understand why people would be against him taking out £40m. I imagine there is a lot of work going on shuffling money, making arrangements etc trying to get the money together whilst keeping his family, business partners and country happy.

From memory it took Milan about 3 days or so to buy our club.  No messing about, ........interest in buying -> money available and ready -> deal done and signed.

People with money ACT !!....they don't fanny about waiting for cheques to clear or waiting for banks to give them the go ahead.

Something is very very wrong with this deal. If Mammadov has "all" his money tied up in Azerbaijan then that is a very poor judgement on his behalf. 

I am now of the opinion this deal will not go through and will be called off.

So how are your multi million pound businesses doing ??

If the banks issues are real, then you could understand why people would be against him taking out £40m. I imagine there is a lot of work going on shuffling money, making arrangements etc trying to get the money together whilst keeping his family, business partners and country happy.

yeah that sounds right...although it's the keeping the country happy that might be the stumbling block

Guest Distraught!

There is no doubt in mind that Mammadov has considerable wealth and can fund such a takeover. Mandaric is not stupid. He is not going to be taken in by a dodgy bankers' draft made on Disco Bobby's word processor. Mandaric has contacts in football spread all over the world. He has a legal team capable of completing basic checks. He will know what the situation is with the funding.

Something has happened since the beginning of June and it has happened relatively quickly - and unexpectedly.

The only thing that I can envisage that would have this effect is Mammadov's accounts have been frozen. Even if Mammadov's businesses were collapsing, it would not have happened so quickly and Mandaric would have known about it long before getting embroiled in the takeover.

Guest Distraught!

If Mammadov has "all" his money tied up in Azerbaijan then that is a very poor judgement on his behalf. 

Care to tell us how you get the money into a "Swiss Bank Account" in the first place?

I'm all ears.

If you have an answer to government imposed currency exchange restrictions, I'd love to know.

I will make a few billion out of it in China and buy Wednesday.

I am slightly worried regarding the situation in France, even though it doesn't directly affect us. Having said that I have always believed this would go through and that he isa good footballing guy and M seems to think he is capable of taking us to the next level.

At the moment Spooky, he say YES!