Does Everyone Still Want THIS TAKEOVER To Happen?

There is no doubt in mind that Mammadov has considerable wealth and can fund such a takeover. Mandaric is not stupid. He is not going to be taken in by a dodgy bankers' draft made on Disco Bobby's word processor. Mandaric has contacts in football spread all over the world. He has a legal team capable of completing basic checks. He will know what the situation is with the funding.

Something has happened since the beginning of June and it has happened relatively quickly - and unexpectedly.

The only thing that I can envisage that would have this effect is Mammadov's accounts have been frozen. Even if Mammadov's businesses were collapsing, it would not have happened so quickly and Mandaric would have known about it long before getting embroiled in the takeover.

How long does it take a house of cards to fall?

It is possible to rob Peter to pay Paul and struggle on for quite a long time, but then when the end finally comes things often move fast.

Edited by kobayashi

Yes please. MM has lost interest and wants out asap. Ideally we want to be owned by a Sheffield born Wednesday mad multi billionaire but that isn't going to happen. We need to get this done and hold on tight for whatever might happen next - but MM hanging on is not the answer ...not without a major re-think by him on his current input/strategy/commitment etc etc etc.

Undecided. I don't think Milan has the means to take us any further, and every pound he sinks in to keep us scrapping around the bottom of the Championship makes us a more expensive struggling Championship side, so the longer he's around the worse the prospect of selling us.

But between the shambles of our takeover and the goings on at Lens, I'm not certain Mammadov is the man at this moment. I think something has gone seriously wrong with his access to funding since June time.

So either way, I'm worried.

Guest Distraught!

How long does it take a house of cards to fall?

It is possible to rob Peter to pay Paul and struggle on for quite a long time, but then when the end finally comes things often move fast.

Aye, reyt.

Maybe in a Wall Street Crash scenario. Or maybe Barings Bank.

Somehow, I think in Mammadov's case, this is not what has happened.

If someone/something you care deeply about is ill and you are told something is about to happen to make them really well again but then weeks later there's been no change - is it not right to be concerned or are we just being impatient???

Edited by wharncliffeowl

One thing for certain...if MM doesn't call it off or give a deadline then I think it's definitely on regardless of what he says...so any " it will take time " etc I take that he knows it's going to take place...it might not be what folks want to hear but I'm sure MM won't procrastinate if he thinks it's not going to happen

Starts of his piece with... "I'm guessing..."

Follows up later in piece with... "No-one can categorically say..."

Then with... "Mammadov's apparent business difficulties..."

Then some incorrect bullshit about Megson and Antonio

What a MASSIVE pig-wee wee tail. This man gets paid by the star for being the equivalent of a poster on a football forum. Journalist my arsse.

Would rather read an article penned by an ITKer on the imminent signings we are supposed to be making.

Jesus flippingwept.

What's incorrect about the megson thing?

All worries and doubts are based purely out of presumptions, down to the fact that those same people are impatient.

And the fact one of his clubs is under a transfer embargo due to funds not arriving.

And the fact Milan has said there were problems with the takeover.

If someone/something you care deeply about is ill and you are told something is about to happen to make them really well again but then weeks later there's been no change - is it not right to be concerned or are we just being impatient???

Erm....what?

If someone/something you care deeply about is ill and you are told something is about to happen to make them really well again but then weeks later there's been no change - is it not right to be concerned or are we just being impatient???

Impatient, unless you're an expert on cross border multi million pound business deals and know this is taking too long.

Whoever owns our club has to sink between £3m and £5m in every year. If it doesn't turn up on time then we end up unable to pay tax bills etc.

I've become nervous, and edging towards preferring Milan over Hafiz. We have to be able to trust him to fund us, on time, as agreed.

The Azerbaijani journos confirm that Mammadov's problems are political and that he definitely has the money but it's getting to large amounts that is the problem.

They seemed to think it would work out in his favour but may take a few months.

Maybe that's why we've seen Antonio sold. So that we have a little room to manoeuvre in the transfer market for now.

The Azerbaijani journos confirm that Mammadov's problems are political and that he definitely has the money but it's getting to large amounts that is the problem.

They seemed to think it would work out in his favour but may take a few months.

Maybe that's why we've seen Antonio sold. So that we have a little room to manoeuvre in the transfer market for now.

Spend in Jan once it's all sorted. IF Milan is prepared to wait a little while for his cash.

Guest wadsgod

My heart says yes hoping our new owner is going invest in some quality signings, but my head says don't touch him with a barge pole because he ain't got a pot to pass in and he's had Milan fooled all along.

And the fact one of his clubs is under a transfer embargo due to funds not arriving.

And the fact Milan has said there were problems with the takeover.

How does "have patience" translate as "takeover problems"?

How does "have patience" translate as "takeover problems"?

On one of the audioboos posted on here, Milan said there 'were problems'.

Suggested they've been solved now, but certainly didn't sound like it was all completely routine.