Think that's us down..

Out of all the local clubs I've never had a problem with Barnsley, Always found them realistic fans, they blew it at home to Leeds on the back of a fantastic result down at Charlton.

Sad to see them go but you'll be back, next season L1 will be weak imvho, good chance of a return but I'm not convinced Danny will be that man to take you back.

Thanks for the responses, all of them. Seriously.

However, I have never once shown in my posts on here that I'd be the sort of poster to come on and laugh at you if you were relegated. In fact, I've been a member on here for a few years, and don't recall me laughing last time you went down, but I definitely welcomed you back up on here after the Wycombe game.

But yes, I know plenty of BFC fans who hate Wednesday. But I don't represent them. They don't represent me. But anyways..

The guy who said he saw us against Leeds - bang on the money, pal. The most ridiculously abject and woeful performance you can imagine, in a huge game against a side even worse than us. And to those apologising for not beating Charlton - don't be daft. We've done this to ourselves.

Those who suggest we could still stay up - you don't watch us often enough otherwise you'd not suggest that. :danny-wilson:

To those who wish us well against the Blunts - I suppose the two games with them will be our highlight. I've just sighed...

And finally, I've been a bit of a wind up merchant on here over the years. Made some stuff up along the way. As well as posting a lot of decent comments. But I've never been abusive and always come back for more. I say this with no agendas, no bullshít, and said it before - you've a cracking forum here full of a variety of characters. I never read Owlstalk and find it dull. I also find some of you lot hilarious, the photoshop threads are legendary (I'll come back to that). And even away from this mere forum, as I've said many times before, I've loads of Wednesday mates. Your club has some superb supporters and I credit the lot of you/them for sticking through some shocking times in recent years and wish you all the best going forwards. I hope we're back with you ASAP.

I'll bid you a farewell for now, but would love a nice photoshop thread related to Barnsley FC and our demise. :duntmatter:

Ole Ole..

You Reds.

That brought a tear to my **** eye.

Rivalry is what makes football and is something i really miss here where fans sit next to each other in harmony. Forget that... although English football fans sometimes step over the line I like the tribalism that football brings on a match day inside a ground in the UK.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Thanks for the responses, all of them. Seriously. 

However, I have never once shown in my posts on here that I'd be the sort of poster to come on and laugh at you if you were relegated. In fact, I've been a member on here for a few years, and don't recall me laughing last time you went down, but I definitely welcomed you back up on here after the Wycombe game. 

But yes, I know plenty of BFC fans who hate Wednesday. But I don't represent them. They don't represent me. But anyways.. 

The guy who said he saw us against Leeds - bang on the money, pal. The most ridiculously abject and woeful performance you can imagine, in a huge game against a side even worse than us. And to those apologising for not beating Charlton - don't be daft. We've done this to ourselves. 

Those who suggest we could still stay up - you don't watch us often enough otherwise you'd not suggest that.  :danny-wilson:

To those who wish us well against the Blunts - I suppose the two games with them will be our highlight. I've just sighed... 

And finally, I've been a bit of a wind up merchant on here over the years. Made some stuff up along the way. As well as posting a lot of decent comments. But I've never been abusive and always come back for more. I say this with no agendas, no bullshít, and said it before - you've a cracking forum here full of a variety of characters. I never read Owlstalk and find it dull. I also find some of you lot hilarious, the photoshop threads are legendary (I'll come back to that). And even away from this mere forum, as I've said many times before, I've loads of Wednesday mates. Your club has some superb supporters and I credit the lot of you/them for sticking through some shocking times in recent years and wish you all the best going forwards. I hope we're back with you ASAP. 

I'll bid you a farewell for now, but would love a nice photoshop thread related to Barnsley FC and our demise.  :duntmatter:

Ole Ole.. 

You Reds.

Good post, can see the family home being tense if he scores the winner Saturday.

Sadly for Barnsley fans, much like Donny, Chesterfield and Rotherham, the vocal minority that 'hate' Wednesday seem to be the ones we all remember.

Since our fall from grace we've been mocked by supporters of the clubs who are quick to forget when they've been on the cadge from us for players or when we've played them in friendlies to boost the cash flow, it's that stuff that makes me dislike local clubs. Barnsley getting in the Prem in 97 I was delighted for em, real success story then a couple of years later after our relegation it was a bitter taste after a game at Oakwell.

Rotherham bringing begging buckets round then laughing as we hit the high court etc etc.

Best of luck next Whitey, to you and Barnsley, no trawling Notts County sites asking 'who's fans are most deluded' though.

I've always quite liked Whitey, despite the tons of abuse he's had from many posters. To be fair, he's deserved it on a couple of occasions, but most of the time he's been reasonable and honest.

Living away from God's own county I don't come into contact with Barnsley fans very often so I don't share some of the antipathy many on here have for them. I really wanted us to thrash Charlton to send them down instead but it's looking bleak for the Dingles now. 

I'm not convinced by Wilson either, even though he was doing a decent enough job at the piggery, but sad to say I find him a bitter little whinge since he became a manager. 

I won't lose sleep over them dropping, but I will be a bit disappointed to see them go.

I don't care if they would be laughing at us if the situation were reversed, that's just how football banter goes, no need to take it so personally.

I see them as a good local club that live to their means, with a decent traditional ground.  They always bring a decent following to Hillsborough and make for a good atmosphere in a fixture that we normally win.

Would happily see them and Donny swap places.

Fair play Whitey, and all the best for next season.

Like some on here, I would have preferred others to go down, but us fans don;t get to decide who stays and goes.

Have fun in League One and please bag 12 points against the Blunts and Toytowners.

F.ookin' ell..its like Camelot on here wiv all the chivalry and stuff....

I know theres plenty of Barnsley fans dislike us with a passion...plenty of Wednesday fans on here return the compliment but when alls said and done...The Barnsley lads for the most part have done it on here with humour unlike some and they also have turned up to take it on the chin as it has oft times gone awry for them in our meetings....unlike some.

So chin up Whitey mate..tha' never knows...I for one would welcome you back on here as a championship fan next season...

but then again....I'm a bit deluded lol

Good post, can see the family home being tense if he scores the winner Saturday.

Sadly for Barnsley fans, much like Donny, Chesterfield and Rotherham, the vocal minority that 'hate' Wednesday seem to be the ones we all remember.

Since our fall from grace we've been mocked by supporters of the clubs who are quick to forget when they've been on the cadge from us for players or when we've played them in friendlies to boost the cash flow, it's that stuff that makes me dislike local clubs. Barnsley getting in the Prem in 97 I was delighted for em, real success story then a couple of years later after our relegation it was a bitter taste after a game at Oakwell.

Rotherham bringing begging buckets round then laughing as we hit the high court etc etc.

Best of luck next Whitey, to you and Barnsley, no trawling Notts County sites asking 'who's fans are most deluded' though.

Spot on pal.