Think that's us down..

It's the same with all the other 5 local teams, I take it as a compliment.

They all want to be Wednesday really.

Yep... Wednesday Envy

What happened to that Jud feller who used to ring P&G every week just to have a dig at Wednesday. He's gone rather quiet.

It will cost the club substantially too but the thickos don't mind/care because a local rival 'rots' in the Division below.

I don't really want them to go down but saying it would cost the club "substantially" is a bit strong, unless I'm missing something (and I may well be) it'll just be a few quid of ticket revenue for one game a year lost, and considering sunderland and norwich are probably coming down who will bring big numbers and the possibility that rotherham come up, we won't lose much at all really.

My bigger concern if I was a dingle would be the fact that I honestly just see them rotting away in league 1, there's a lot of teams in that league who will just be flat out better once the likes of mellis, jennings, cranie, maybe even ramage have left. Wilson just doesn't seem to be inspiring the players and if you don't get back up quickly you can end up being stuck there.

It will cost the club substantially too but the thickos don't mind/care because a local rival 'rots' in the Division below.

It ain't all about the money. Some people are indulging in one of the important parts of football which is rivalry.

If the Dingles away support is a major difference for us then things are really grim.

The pigs sell out the away end but I hope the scrubbers rot in the lower leagues.

If we would have beat charlton nothing would have changed you haven't won enough games you have to take the bull by the horns and it doesn't matter who we would like to go down the league table in two games time will show us who deserves to go down based on results over the whole season not if we would have won here there or everywhere.

Guest CageFightingOwl

Ive already said my piece about Barnsley.

But

I have to have another go

F'k off Dingles, hope you go again next season and you will be playing at the right level.

Just F'k off.

:danny-wilson:  :danny-wilson:

So feel free to post your thoughts in here. :danny-wilson:

Always show my face.

It's been a good laugh on here over the years, and whilst I'll have little reason to, I'll occasionally pop on and see how you're all getting on. I'll say hello to the Blunts for you.

It's been coming has this, for some years if I'm being perfectly honest. We deserve to drop. I don't feel gutted about it. A shame, yes. But as I say, we deserve it. But the gutting thing will be next Saturday. Getting relegation confirmed at blummin Middlesbrough (typical) on the 26th April. The same day Danny took us to the Premier League 17 years ago to the very same day. Now that's just horrific.

The fact your side lost against Charlton today which helped us along our way I'm sure will add even more pleasure for those of you who've waited for this day to arrive for years. Fill yer booits. :duntmatter:

But we'll be back. Don't know when, but we will.

Perhaps though you'll be back where you reckon you belong before that happens? I wish you all the best with that. It's about time Yorkshire was represented again at the top table. I don't include Hull, and I can't stand Leeds. So good luck next season and beyond and when you're whingeing about a 0-0 draw at Wolves next year, have a thought for us losing at home to Gillingham in the JPT in front of 3,000 supporters. :danny-wilson:

You Reds.

Wish you well mate, I for one didn't want you to go down.

Guest Sheff Owl

Obviously derby games bring more money BUT it's not the fault of Sheffield Wednesday that Barnsley are not good enough to stay up.

Every single season Barnsley's ambition is to stay up and that's it, i was gonna happen sooner or later.

Rotherham, Pigs, Barnsley  and Doncaster fans would pee themselves with laughter if we went down.

Would people moan if we lost money due to the pigs getting relegated, nope i don;t think so.

Guest TC OWL

I agree with others on here, would have preferred you lot to stay up, we didn't do the business for you, but neither did you. Can't rely on us I'm afraid, you have to do it for yourselves mate. However, I'm sure you'll bounce back if you can hold on to your best players.

Thanks for the responses, all of them. Seriously. 

However, I have never once shown in my posts on here that I'd be the sort of poster to come on and laugh at you if you were relegated. In fact, I've been a member on here for a few years, and don't recall me laughing last time you went down, but I definitely welcomed you back up on here after the Wycombe game. 

But yes, I know plenty of BFC fans who hate Wednesday. But I don't represent them. They don't represent me. But anyways.. 

The guy who said he saw us against Leeds - bang on the money, pal. The most ridiculously abject and woeful performance you can imagine, in a huge game against a side even worse than us. And to those apologising for not beating Charlton - don't be daft. We've done this to ourselves. 

Those who suggest we could still stay up - you don't watch us often enough otherwise you'd not suggest that.  :danny-wilson:

To those who wish us well against the Blunts - I suppose the two games with them will be our highlight. I've just sighed... 

And finally, I've been a bit of a wind up merchant on here over the years. Made some stuff up along the way. As well as posting a lot of decent comments. But I've never been abusive and always come back for more. I say this with no agendas, no bullshít, and said it before - you've a cracking forum here full of a variety of characters. I never read Owlstalk and find it dull. I also find some of you lot hilarious, the photoshop threads are legendary (I'll come back to that). And even away from this mere forum, as I've said many times before, I've loads of Wednesday mates. Your club has some superb supporters and I credit the lot of you/them for sticking through some shocking times in recent years and wish you all the best going forwards. I hope we're back with you ASAP. 

I'll bid you a farewell for now, but would love a nice photoshop thread related to Barnsley FC and our demise.  :duntmatter:

Ole Ole.. 

You Reds.

Will be sad to see you go down if it happens. You seem like a decent bloke and i have always enjoyed the derbies with Barnsley. Would much rather Charlton go down.

Hope if you do go down that you come back up.

Hopefully you will still post on here