Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

I just think people forget this is Milan's budget, how far he (a shrewd business) is willing to go whilst in the process of selling us. I don't think we'll go any further in the league under Milan, but he'll always protect his investments - so short termism (which none of us like) will be deployed & I trust Milan will bring in a capable fit CF and CB when it's time. 

I suppose it's abit like if you were selling a car. Would you fill the tank up with petrol if you had just agreed to sell it? No you wouldn't unless it would benefit you in the sale. Same thing for Milan.

I suppose it's abit like if you were selling a car. Would you fill the tank up with petrol if you had just agreed to sell it? No you wouldn't unless it would benefit you in the sale. Same thing for Milan.

....but Milan has said himself that he loves the supporters and wants to give them the club they deserve.

Apparently so. Injured again at the moment isn't he?

He is at the moment, but looking at his Coventry and Carlisle records where he was first choice (apart from his first season at Carlisle), hes played near enough every game. Wouldn't worry about it anyway, we've got 2 of the best keepers in the league.

These car/house analogies are not really that relevant. Milan is in the entertainment business and if he wants to entice people through the gates, then he has to give them something worth watching. He has someone interested in taking over the business and a deal may or may not be close, but the business still has to run. He still has to sell the product. It's one thing, being unable to sanction big money signings, I think people understand that, but it quite another to undermine the manager by refusing him the funds to even get together a basic squad. Presumably we've set a budget for the season ahead, long before the takeover was mooted. If we must use the selling a house analogy that some are fond off. It's like going around and unscrewing the light sockets when you think you might have an offer.

He is at the moment, but looking at his Coventry and Carlisle records where he was first choice (apart from his first season at Carlisle), hes played near enough every game. Wouldn't worry about it anyway, we've got 2 of the best keepers in the league.

If and when fit.

Guest Big Guns

These car/house analogies are not really that relevant. Milan is in the entertainment business and if he wants to entice people through the gates, then he has to give them something worth watching. He has someone interested in taking over the business and a deal may or may not be close, but the business still has to run. He still has to sell the product. It's one thing, being unable to sanction big money signings, I think people understand that, but it quite another to undermine the manager by refusing him the funds to even get together a basic squad. Presumably we've set a budget for the season ahead, long before the takeover was mooted. If we must use the selling a house analogy that some are fond off. It's like going around and unscrewing the light sockets when you think you might have an offer.

before we knew about the takeover milan said we would be aiming for a promotion push this season and promised to strengthen even mentioning fryatt as his number one target

but the clappers will forget about this

Guest wilyfox

Yep, the analogies are rubbish. This is a pretty unique business, but it needs to function regardless of the takeover. Our squad is too small; there's no glossing over that.

If we make a signing or a long term loan it's not as if Mandaric will be funding the wages for much longer anyway, as soon as the takeover gets ratified it's Mammadov's business.

Can't quite understand why if players are supposedly lined up why they're not being signed (if there's no transfer fee involved) - there's clearly funds in the wage budget for them, which is now substantially lower than it was at the end of last season. We need players in now, not in a month's time.

If we make a signing or a long term loan it's not as if Mandaric will be funding the wages for much longer anyway, as soon as the takeover gets ratified it's Mammadov's business.

Can't quite understand why if players are supposedly lined up why they're not being signed (if there's no transfer fee involved) - there's clearly funds in the wage budget for them, which is now substantially lower than it was at the end of last season. We need players in now, not in a month's time.

agreed 100 percent. Shambolic. Edited by JOHNHARKES

#swfc manager Stuart Gray has identified Tom Lees and Nedem Onuoha as potential signing as he searches for a CB. #swfc

That account name...

Same guy who says....

Blackburn willing to sell Ben Marshall for figure around 1 million. Serval championship clubs interested including Sheff Wed. #swfc

Interestingly, on his profile page, it also suggests I follow Kleenex.

Edited by bigrbuk

before we knew about the takeover milan said we would be aiming for a promotion push this season and promised to strengthen even mentioning fryatt as his number one target

but the clappers will forget about this

which was said just around the time the early bird season tickets went on sale .surely no one falls for his bull poo anymore