Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

think he went back on trial at his previous club, not sure though

He went on trial to QPR but hasn't been offered a contract:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jack-collison-hoping-qpr-trial-3910958

Jack Collison hopes his spell on trial at QPR can earn him a deal - at Loftus Road or elsewhere.

The former West Ham midfielder has been training with the Hoops after being released by the Upton Park club at the end of the season, as revealed by Get West London earlier this month.

Collison was included in the 26-man squad for the pre-season tour to Germany and could play a part in Saturday's friendly with Red-Bull Leipzig.

So Gosling, Danns, Hughes, Macheda, Dikgacoi, Fox, Dyer, Cathcart, Taylor, Rowe and Burke aren't good quality championship players. Please explain? Some played in the prem and most played at the top end of the championship all their careers and have now signed for promotion chasing sides. Please share some of that crack you are smoking

Champ legend

No I don't think they are. Squad fillers at best. Burke as I've mentioned before would have been a decent signing, but the rest? Why? Macheda? What's he ever done? Gosling, Danns? Played over Lee and Hutchinson? Fox, Cathcart, Taylor and Rowe likewise. You get nothing from these players except mid table mediocrity. 

And as you like to point out, they refused deals, so their wages will be high. So great, lets say they all work out and we end up in the top half of the table. So what!? they're all a year older, no resale value and the merry-go-round of gimmers starts spinning again. I'd much rather hold horses and sign the likes of Tardieu thank  you all the same.

No I don't think they are. Squad fillers at best. Burke as I've mentioned before would have been a decent signing, but the rest? Why? Macheda? What's he ever done? Gosling, Danns? Played over Lee and Hutchinson? Fox, Cathcart, Taylor and Rowe likewise. You get nothing from these players except mid table mediocrity.

And as you like to point out, they refused deals, so their wages will be high. So great, lets say they all work out and we end up in the top half of the table. So what!? they're all a year older, no resale value and the merry-go-round of gimmers starts spinning again. I'd much rather hold horses and sign the likes of Tardieu thank you all the same.

The point of the post wasn't to sign all these players. It was to see the frees who we missed out on. Personally out of the list I wrote I'd take Gosling because he is only 24 so has resale value and looks good at this level. Burke and Dyer I'd take for 2 seasons and they fit in with the 4-2-3-1 formation. As for Macheda, you don't stay at Man U for that long if you don't have something about you. He has shown on loan at this level he can score goals in poor sides and he is a finisher. At sides who create I believe he will score more. I think it's a shame he chose Cardiff and they have a plethora of attackers already and could potentially hinder his chances of getting consistent game time. The rest would be decent squad fillers imo but not really positions we need.

Fair enough I suppose, let's just agree to disagree. Although I would also rather wait to see what happens post takeover and sign a few younger players for a fee with resale value so we do agree on something's. I just feel we could have done both by getting experienced frees in too.

There is ample room in the budget to bring in two or three of the players Gray wants It might be difficult to sanction paying a fee, but I don't believe the budget won't stretch to bringing in a few decent frees. The chairman promised to support the manager but for whatever reason, he's decided not to do that.

I think Milan would argue signing Westwood, Hutchinson, Loovens, Semedo and Kirkland already show's his support for 2014/15 season. The green light we're waiting for, could be funds from Azerbaijan? I have no idea how it works.

Our wage bill is still likely to be lower than last season atm

Only Westwood has been added and plenty have been released / sent back to parent clubs

Kirkland has possibly taken a cut too ... we signed him when we were 'going for it', so that was probably the delay in CK re-signing

I think Milan would argue signing Westwood, Hutchinson, Loovens, Semedo and Kirkland already show's his support for 2014/15 season. The green light we're waiting for, could be funds from Azerbaijan? I have no idea how it works.

Yes he's tried that argument Farcical really