Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

No I don't think they are. Squad fillers at best. Burke as I've mentioned before would have been a decent signing, but the rest? Why? Macheda? What's he ever done? Gosling, Danns? Played over Lee and Hutchinson? Fox, Cathcart, Taylor and Rowe likewise. You get nothing from these players except mid table mediocrity. 

And as you like to point out, they refused deals, so their wages will be high. So great, lets say they all work out and we end up in the top half of the table. So what!? they're all a year older, no resale value and the merry-go-round of gimmers starts spinning again. I'd much rather hold horses and sign the likes of Tardieu thank  you all the same.

do players at our level have resale value these days ?.any player with half a brain just sits out his contract and leaves for free and pockets a fair chunk of a signing on fee in the process.

Guru, you have absolutely no idea what the budget is or circumstances around it. It's alright speculating but you seem to get so wound up over supposition without facts.

Of course, you're right, but an educated guess would point to there being plenty of slack in the budget. By my reckoning, ten players have left, several were supposedly high earners, all the loanees have gone back, and as we were constantly told, they were not cheap. We were also told that the budget for this year would be increased. My guess is that, we've signed how many, two players? Pretty certain there should enough left in the pot. I seem to be wound up about it, because I am friggin wound up about it

Of course, you're right, but an educated guess would point to there being plenty of slack in the budget. By my reckoning, ten players have left, several were supposedly high earners, all the loanees have gone back, and as we were constantly told, they were not cheap. We were also told that the budget for this year would be increased. My guess is that, we've signed how many, two players? Pretty certain there should enough left in the pot. I seem to be wound up about it, because I am friggin wound up about it

Exactly!

Good post. I do await people saying wait till the takeover has been finalised though

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Thought it was 16 players last week?

Guest wilyfox

I wonder who the 2 or 3 season-long loan candidates are that Gray mentioned? Doesn't sound as though we'd get any of them until Aug/Sep when the season is underway.

I wonder who the 2 or 3 season-long loan candidates are that Gray mentioned? Doesn't sound as though we'd get any of them until Aug/Sep when the season is underway.

Season long loans, by NPC clubs, are usually Prem youngsters and are done on, or after deadline day

So names in the frame ...

Patrick Bam ... oh

Kenneth Omer ... oh

Nathaniel Chalob ... oh

Seriously though, Leon Best is likely to be one of 'em

Guest JonTheOwl66

Bang on. This 'green light' must indicate some serious funds are going to be shifted soon. If not I've absolutely no clue what the problem is.

Spot on!

What we were told regarding the budget and what has actually happened are totally contradictory. Of course maybe Milan is holding tight and waiting for completion to minimise his outlay, but reality is that it's affected SG's chances of putting together a competitive squad.

We are short all over the park pretty much and this summer has been nothing short of disastrous. Even if we do get Tardieu 'over the line' or 'through the door' it's just covering cracks, we'd be signing a player nobody has heard of from a team relegated to the French 3rd division. (Of course he could be a gem but my point is a gamble signing won't be enough to right the wrongs of this pre-season)

We owe a lot to Milan, don't get me wrong, but this summer has once again seem us promised so much and get so little.

Guest Big Guns

weve had players pass medicals and all sorts grays just waiting for the greenlight to sign them if the takeover ever gets completed

the plan b players will be poo poo like the leeds defender