Maghoma or Antonio?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Antonio cost us much more than he was worth but because of the pressure from fans i feel Milan was forced to cough up money that could have solved more than one problem. Think there was better out there however after ALF & Marshall fans demanded this signing.

you really do talk cobblers sometimes

Antonio by miles, Maghoma is not good enough. He was the worst player for us yesterday and constantly waits for the ball to come to him and gets dispossessed. You ask kids to come to the ball, I don't understand why in training they haven't throttled him for it.

Unbelievable

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Maghoma is playing out of his skin at the moment so no contest. If Antonio ever gets back to being the player he was before his injury, then the answer would be both of them.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

This is a silly debate really maghoma looks really promising antonio has at times been amazing then went a tad off the boil as did many buxton and reda to name a couple . He's currently injured at the mo which is a real shame cause would live to see him maghoma and maguire fighting it out for the wing positions. Either way both are considerably better than jj and helan

Mags obviously flavour of the month on here but nobody can say he is better than Antonio. Mags isn't even proven at L1 level where as Antonio clearly is.

There are some reasonable options now though, which makes a nice change. 

Mags, Antonio, Maguire, JJ....................................................................Helan.

Lee, Palmer etc can play wide also. 

a fully fit Antonio could be a game changer , but magohma is more technical, got to plump for Antonio at the moment as mags is still young and learning

who's mags?

Both fall over when through on goal one on one. lol

Don't think MA has the same passing vision as JM but MA's pace and crossing are more consistent.

For me it is a dilemma to have but at the moment the team looks about right across the midfield.

As much as I rate Maghoma and for all his good play for us, I'd like to see him start adding some assists and goals to his play.

Antonio has proved that he creates chances, goals and scores them himself at this level.

Antonio is the more effective winger (in terms of end product) at present and could play in our current set up, despite being a completely different type of player to Maghoma and Maguire. He's good enough to do so.

Good to have these various options though.

Both.

I don't see this one or the other argument.

They're both signed. Both offer something and if we're to survive both will have a part to play.

Just about getting people relaxed and in the right frame of mind to play.

That said I think there was too much pressure on Antonio to be a match winner in a side struggling for form and goals.

I think we'd see the other side to him now the team is playing with confidence and there are players up front scoring goals.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Antonio

Very good player when on form, when he plays like he did against Reading in the 5-2 he is really impressive. The problem for me is that aspects of his game are premiership when on form, but he sometimes also does things which are very poor, very poor indeed like missing open goals and failing to make very simple passes and miss control. He has to become more consistant or he will become an impact player off the bench.

Maghoma

Very impreesed, still early days but has everything in his locker. Has the ability to pass and move and work the ball out of tight spaces, but also has the skill and work rate on top.

No reason both cant be in the team, if i had to pick one now it would be Maghoma.

Out for 'a long while' according to Gray.

Broke down in training the day after his sub comeback against Blackpool.

Maghoma's doing great but its easy to forget the ability Antonio has after him being out of sorts this season (largely due to being in a mess of a team and played out of position)

Expect he's chomping at the bit to be part of this current team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvl-Yh9oUwM

Completely agree with this.  Was DJ forced to play Michail Antonio in 3 positions every game, until he got crocked? 

Edited by tonyem

Guest JonTheOwl66

The fact this is even out there as question shows the lack of knowledge on this board.

Form is temporary, class is permanent

Without doubt, Antonio is a far superior player

Really? People have been berating Antonio for his poor technical ability for ages.

'He's got a crap first touch' etc etc

I really like Antonio, don't get me wrong. But I much prefer Maghoma. 

Antonio is certainly exciting. Gets at players, uses pace and power and strength. But it encourages long ball to him. He's sort of regarded as our only outlet when he plays. It's the little ball over the top for Michail to run onto.

With Maghoma in the team, we seem more balanced, we create more chances and are picking up results.

Do remember, apart from the League 1 campaign, we've really struggled with Antonio in the side, and whenever he's away from the team, we seem to pick up points and score more goals.

And this is coming from somebody who really rates Antonio.