Maghoma or Antonio?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Antonio.

Would like to see both in the same team though. Would give good balance I think.

The balance in midfield is perfect now. Everyone is playing and working for each other. They are all comfortable in possession.

Antonio gives possession away a lot, he plays too often with his head down. For me he would upset the balance.

Antonio had a very poor start to the season before his injury, Maghoma is gradually settling in to be a very useful player & probably holds the upper hand at the moment. But based on the promotion season & the second half of last season i'd say Antonio is the better overall with the ability to change or win a game with something special when things aren't going well.

Different type of players IMO.

Antonio uses his pace to go past people, a very strong player and his shooting can be erratic at time

Maghoma is a more technical player, great right foot.

Early days for Maghoma, but he has all the aspects of a very good player, and Antonio has proved to us in the past 2 seasons that he is a fantastic player, there is room for both of them in our future teams.

I must say, I was impressed with Maghoma yesterday - cannot understand why he was frozen out under Jones.

Thought he was very good with the ball, decent technically and offered Reda good protection. Everything you would want from your wide man really.

Just a shame he fluffed his chance but apart from that I was impressed with him.

Antonio for me.  Last season he carried us a lot of the time with top scorer and top assist maker last season where we survived on the last day.  His goals and assist were crucial last season. This season he hasn't managed to improve on last year due to injuries.  

Maghoma is getting better and better.  Would like to see him smashing the goals in like he did at Burton.

Guest Bald Owl

Antonio by miles, Maghoma is not good enough. He was the worst player for us yesterday and constantly waits for the ball to come to him and gets dispossessed. You ask kids to come to the ball, I don't understand why in training they haven't throttled him for it.

I must say, I was impressed with Maghoma yesterday - cannot understand why he was frozen out under Jones.

Thought he was very good with the ball, decent technically and offered Reda good protection. Everything you would want from your wide man really.

Just a shame he fluffed his chance but apart from that I was impressed with him.

interesting you mention the protection. Watching the highlights I noticed how Maghoma instantly found a good position on a few occasions when Reda pushed forward.

Antonio by miles, Maghoma is not good enough. He was the worst player for us yesterday and constantly waits for the ball to come to him and gets dispossessed. You ask kids to come to the ball, I don't understand why in training they haven't throttled him for it.

That is harsh and probably unfair. The kid has to earn his stripes at some point and gain experience by learning from the big boys. Perhaps he's had a bollocking for a few dangled legs in the tackles during yesterday's match but you wouldn't necessarily know unless you were sat in the dressing room? Unless you were? I'd like to think he was praised for his effort and work rate yesterday and hopefully he have a few of the lowlights pointed out to him during the week. Probably won't start against Macclesfield as his punishment...

... treat 'em mean and all that.

One on either wing for me

Maghoma is a real good tricky player, look at the free kicks he won yesterday (he won the first one for Reda's goal and pretty sure he won the one for Maguire?), comfortable on the ball and a real clever footballer

Antonio, from last season, is all about pace and power. He has been poor this season but give him time to get over a terrible injury and he will start firing again soon. The competition will help him immensely, and he may even get a rest here and there if he does force his way into the team

Imagine having one on either wing, on top form...