Maghoma or Antonio?

Guest JonTheOwl66

There are some reasonable options now though, which makes a nice change. 

Mags, Antonio, Maguire, JJ....................................................................Helan.

Lee, Palmer etc can play wide also. 

Edited by SiJ

Antonio by miles, Maghoma is not good enough. He was the worst player for us yesterday and constantly waits for the ball to come to him and gets dispossessed. You ask kids to come to the ball, I don't understand why in training they haven't throttled him for it.

For the worst player he certainly had a impact on the game , i suggest you watch the game again on the tellybox . 

Guest GreenGoose

The balance in midfield is perfect now. Everyone is playing and working for each other. They are all comfortable in possession.

Antonio gives possession away a lot, he plays too often with his head down. For me he would upset the balance.

The balance will probably upset itself given time.

Antonio could always go up top anyway. I just think he can do things none of our others can.

To those who are saying both... What we doin with Maguire? At the moment both maghoma and Maguire have earned their place and don't deserve to be dropped. When fit it will be nice competition

Well there is no way Antonio can walk straight into the team with the way everyone is playing, same with Buxton when he is fit. DJ would have put them in there without a doubt, then again he wouldn't be playing half the players that produced that magnificent display yesterday

BUT

If Antonio can reproduce his form from last season, then having Maghoma and Antonio on either wing would look very dangerous indeed.

If Maguire is forcing his way to the starting spot, don't think anyone will complain about that either

Certainly is really health competition in the wide areas, with each player offering something different...

When's antonio back?

Out for 'a long while' according to Gray.

Broke down in training the day after his sub comeback against Blackpool.

Maghoma's doing great but its easy to forget the ability Antonio has after him being out of sorts this season (largely due to being in a mess of a team and played out of position)

Expect he's chomping at the bit to be part of this current team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvl-Yh9oUwM

Surely the bigger question is did our fans including me cost Milan £1mil when there was cheaper better alternatives out there

Just bizarre

I want to see a fully fit Antonio, playing consistently on the wing in a confident Wednesday side before making a judgement.

Like others have said, form is temporary..class is permanent. To write off Antonio due to a bad start to the season is stupid.

As it stands Maghoma is the better player. But who says we can't play both.

It may be a case of Antonio fighting Maguire for his place rather than Maghoma.

It's a selection problem we don't have now though, however it is nice for once to have some sort of positive selection problem.

Antonio by miles, Maghoma is not good enough. He was the worst player for us yesterday and constantly waits for the ball to come to him and gets dispossessed. You ask kids to come to the ball, I don't understand why in training they haven't throttled him for it.

I hope for the sake of your mental health that was a feeble joke.

Not that bizarre really as without him we would have still been in league 1 last season.

8 goals and 8 assists in the championship not too bad going for a player around the £700,000 mark . Didn't cost a million.

Surely the bigger question is did our fans including me cost Milan £1mil when there was cheaper better alternatives out there

I suggest you read his post again, cos I'm fooked if I know what it's relevance is?

Same with palmer v Buxton, we can't drop maghoma just because Antonio is now available - what kind of message does that send to the dressing room?

That the best players are going to get picked in the starting 11. What other message should we be sending out?

If you're seriously suggesting that you would leave Lewis Buxton out of our side when he's fully fit and available and at his best then you want your head lookin at.

Of course, if Palmer is playing better than Buxton when he is back then the choice is clear: Palmer.

Same with Antonio/Maghoma, Magure/Helan, Reda/Mattock, Kirky/Martinez, anyone for that matter. Regardless of who they are and how hard they are working and how well they are playing, we should always pick our best 11. No questions.

As for the Antonio/Maghoma question, when both are fully fit and fully in form, Antonio would be my choice. But out of the 5-6 players who we have to play left and right wing (Antonio, Helan, Maghoma, Maguire, JJ, Palmer) I would have them both. JJ and Maguire on the bench. And I would put Helan in the reserves and a long way away from our first team.

I suggest you read his post again, cos I'm fooked if I know what it's relevance is?

Antonio cost us much more than he was worth but because of the pressure from fans i feel Milan was forced to cough up money that could have solved more than one problem. Think there was better out there however after ALF & Marshall fans demanded this signing.