Too drunk to remember, says Cawley

Guest intercity0wl

The steward letting him out highlights a lack of communication between police and stewards. The stewards shuld have been told that the police were looking for a man of his description and as such any man was to be prevented leaving.

I mentioned on another thread that about 10 minutes after the match 2 police officers asked to see my neck as well as for my name and club I supported. This was clearly as I had a black jacket on and a slightly similar build to the offender. Therefore they clearly were on the lookout for him, but he would probably be back in town by then.

The steward letting him out highlights a lack of communication between police and stewards. The stewards shuld have been told that the police were looking for a man of his description and as such any man was to be prevented leaving.

I bet there was 10 seconds between him smacking Kirkland and getting out the ground - on Sky it looked like he was legging it away ASAP

Owlstalk Shop

I mentioned on another thread that about 10 minutes after the match 2 police officers asked to see my neck as well as for my name and club I supported. This was clearly as I had a black jacket on and a slightly similar build to the offender. Therefore they clearly were on the lookout for him, but he would probably be back in town by then.

Exactly my thoughts. Cops should have had the exits watched immediately.

When Serbia fans kicked off and had their game with Italy abandoned, every single Serbian was checked leaving the stand before they eventually found the ringleader hidden behind a panel in the boot of the last coach to leave... Why can't SYP do the same?

Why don't all scum bags who are banned have to report to their local police station at say 15:30, every time their club are playing?

This would be particularly effective for this idot given his home address & team of choice. Maybe too much work for our bobbies, or more than likely would be seen as a breach of his human rights.

Edited by zzmdu

"I had too much to drink to remember what I did".

However, I can remember to the detail what I drank throughout that day and the fact a Steward held the door open for me to leave the ground.

On another note, what is wrong with this Country? How can someone who is Unemployed afford to Drink this much and Travel to every game Home & Away. It fills me with a sense of pride knowing that whilst I'm out there working my nuts off trying to make a better life for me and my Family, I'm contributing to Mr Cawley and many others lifestyles.

:duntmatter:

Not true

I've beaten that before

13 x 20/20's (remember those ?)

12 pints of lager

A cocktail with all the shorts in a pint glass

All in one night

Walked out of the bar - fresh air = BANG!! (collapsed - but didn't die)

But maybe you did and it`s you who`s haunting your apartment have you thought of that :biggrin::ph34r:

Ridiculously lenient sentence that sends out entirely the wrong message. He has played the system and won.

Now watch the FA replicates same level of leniency against Leeds and then complain bitterly when UEFA does practically nothing against Serbia. The authorities just don't get it.