My email conversation with John Mann MP

Mann is an egotsitical loud mouth who for some strange reason sits on the House of Commons Treasury Select Committee, probably as the resident hard man. His claim to fame is bashing bankers and not fraudulently claiming expenses.

There was an article in the paper recently, which told the story that he had driven his 15 year old Citroen Picasso old banger from London to Worksop with it's wheel nuts missing, only to discover that fact on arrival in Worksop. Seems he has friends in high places?

BTW, wonder how much per mile he claims from the taxpayer for running an old banger up and down the M1?

Edited by G.B.OWL49

Your emails were well composed and althought not 100% grammar error free, his was absolutely shi'ite! I'd really worry if he was my MP. Can't even be arsed to turn the spell checker on Lazy 2hat.

Well done mate.

(edit: mine has a typo, but I've had 2 bottles of Rioja so I don't give one)

My thoughts exactly. You know for a fact he's destined to be Education Minister in the next Labour Govt. :tango:

Calm down children.. Relax...

lol

First of all big thanks to Shandypants for taking the time to do this and posing questions to Mr Mann.

It looks like others less articulate than yourself have decided to email abuse to Mr Mann and thats unforgivable - lets hope he reports these to police and gets the senders dealt with.

Moving onto Mr Mann - I think we should all be grateful to him for responding (and in a timely fashion) to these emails from Shandypants.

I'm really confused about the Jimmy Saville chants being described as in the minority - with the volume this was sang at thats clearly not true.

There was also the same volume applied to paedophile chants against Dave Jones

Moving on - the North Stand (as proven by photos and video) was NOT rioting in any way shape or form. What happened was a few of our fans decided to shout over at the West Stand, run down a few steps and generally behave as they do during all these kind of games

Genuinely I saw approximately six missiles (large enough to be seen from the kop end) onto the North by Leeds fans and none in the other direction (if id seen our fans throwing missiles i would say)

If our fans threw stuff I missed it totally but Im sure our fans will tell me below

This MP is clearly wanting to do the right thing and do something about this which is great and we should work with him instead of dishing out abuse

But

His memories of what took place are clearly inaccurate and thats why theres confusion about what he says took place.

Riot on the north stand ? Nope not at all in any way shape or form

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Big Guns

I think when all the evidence is in it will show this mp up for been a proper muppet

The cops were filming the north so that should clear the riot up..

Guest Mexico Baby

What a joker.

SHould we all be making reports to the FA?

If this guy went to the match as a Leeds fan rather than an official observer his opinion should hold as much weight as the other fans, its not like being an MP is an honest profession anymore!

As if there was a riot, what a joker!

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

Your emails were well composed and althought not 100% grammar error free, his was absolutely shi'ite! I'd really worry if he was my MP. Can't even be arsed to turn the spell checker on Lazy 2hat.

Well done mate.

(edit: mine has a typo, but I've had 2 bottles of Rioja so I don't give one)

John Mann - leeds fan sat in the opposition end writes and submits a report to the FA about his 'views' about the incidents. Is this for real? Is he still on the All Party Football Group and if so, is this the reason he feels so quailified and privelaged to perform this duty.

I real do feel Hillsborough and SWFC are becoming the punch bag of people in authority at the moment.

It wasn't a minority that were singing Saville & Dave Jones songs... They were clearly heard all around the ground, unlike the Turkey chants.

Also, I don't get why he's singled out some in the Kop. I presume he's getting at chants about Paddys Kennys private life and calling Warnock a w*nker. These chants have happened for the best part of 12 years, whenever either player or manager has visited Hillsborough. It's ALWAYS taken in good jest by Warnock and Kenny and they often comment about the enjoyment of the 'banter' between fan and player/manager. So I really don't get Mann over this, he seems a very naive individual, who has never visited a game before. He needs to get real.

My view on it...

Loud chants about Dave Jones & Jimmy Saville were heard in the first half a couple of times and then continued in the second half. These were heard all around the ground. Wednesday fans then chanted the Turkey songs, which was from a small minority. I heard them from halfway in the North, but at the back of the North towards the Kop, these were not heard by my brother.

When these chants started some Leeds fans immediately charged towards the corner of the LL stand & North stand. There was then many missiles thrown from the Leeds end, including some pretty large items. Wednesday fans did retaliate with some missiles back, small items but clearly visible. The volume of missiles were far greater from the Leeds end.

From my seat I couldn't see whether some Wednesday fans charged as well towards the corner, but it was clearly visible that quite a few Leeds fans did and continued to do so for a period of about 10 minutes.

Then when Leeds scored and pitch invasion happened, more Leeds fans charged towards that corner and a few charged the pitch, including the moron who hit Kirkland.

Missiles from both North & LL stands continued (on a small scale) when Kirkland was recieving treatment. The chants of SCUM from Wednesday fans started, from all around the ground and the Turkey chant started again, but it was even quieter than the first one.

That's basically what I remember.

There is an excellent article in yesterday's 'Mail Online' accompanied by very good photo's of the Leeds fans behind the

goal immediately after the 'Cawley' incident and also during the Leeds fans kicking the advertising hoarding off.

The pictures alone put to bed the myth that it was a minority of Leeds fans causing trouble and they should in no circumstances be allowed to perpetuate this myth.

The same thing applies to the so called rioting in the North stand. This is a classic politicians tactics. Say it's just an isolated incident by 1 person and not reflective on the majority. When that gets blown out of the water, divide and conquer. "Yes i agree the Leeds fans were culpable, but so were the Wednesday fans". Garbage!!!

The levels of 'violence' (if you want to call it that), are totally not comparable. A bit of grandstanding by Wednesday fans is on a totally different level to the prolonged and sustained activities of their scum. This fact was well acknowledged in the aforementioned 'Mail' article.

Do not allow professional apologists like Mann to alter the true facts and dictate their own agenda to the advantage of LUFC. We've experienced this already from 23 years ago!!

Also let's not give this man credit for replying to any E mails. This is his job. He raised his pathetic head above the parapet spouting his drivel and untruths, the least he can do is reply and try and defend his indefensible point of view.

As far as i am concerned he still didn't answer most of the points excellently put by SP anyway.

Neil:- What worries me about this e-mail to the FA is that it is from an MP. We can all send them to the FA giving our viewsand we have a snowballs chance of them being read let alone acted on in a positive way. One can only hope that other "owls MPs " have been able to redress the balance as any normal fans view will be lost .

The only time we get to show our displeasure at a sitting MP is at the ballot box, it would not suprise me to find the torys wanting to disenfranchise football fans as being not worthy to vote for them!