My email conversation with John Mann MP

Don't know why some people are going to all this effort, mays well just leave it cos no fookers going to listen to our side of it, they never do, they'll just make up their own assumptions and do nigh on flip all about it

My point is - instead of emailing 'f off mr mann' like a ten year old, try opening a mature debate with the MP who is active in this issue

Makes sense to me to discuss, debate and educate a misguided MP than to just tell him to flip off

Will always agree with this Neil the view is always better from the moral high ground.

I would be interested to hear as to why Mr Mann was sat in the home areas. Granted he may well have been in a directors box, but if he was sat amongst the home supporters in the stand then surely he is breaching the ground regulations - similarly to the supporters who ran on the pitch.

It seems apparent in his responses that Mr Mann is skirting around, even avoiding, some of the major issues. While the sick chants are unnecessary and should have no place in football or even society, can they really be considered justification for the acts of the Leeds supporters?

From my position on the Kop, I noticed a group of Leeds supporters amassed in front of the tunnel in the centre of the stand blocking the aisles. Stewards appareled to be trying desperately to move them to the seated areas but to no avail. These supporters remained in this area all game. Add this to the rest of the events I saw which included advertisement boards kicked down, seats and other missiles being thrown, supporters entering the field of play and surges of Leeds supporters towards the home end both in the North (again blocking off the aisles and tunneled area) and towards the South Stand later in the second half - it would appear clear that Leeds supporters had come with the intention of causing trouble.

The players and management staff of Leeds United should also be condemned for their actions during and after the game for inciting some of the behavior from the supporters and doing nothing to appease the situation. I would add the referee and his assistants also who could have taken actions to calm the situation also.

Guest davet30

Saville chants are on youtube. Never been a minority, wounded about 2/3

like here ..

it's entitled 'Funny' by the Leeds scum

says it all really

Neil:- What worries me about this e-mail to the FA is that it is from an MP. We can all send them to the FA giving our viewsand we have a snowballs chance of them being read let alone acted on in a positive way. One can only hope that other "owls MPs " have been able to redress the balance as any normal fans view will be lost .

The only time we get to show our displeasure at a sitting MP is at the ballot box, it would not suprise me to find the torys wanting to disenfranchise football fans as being not worthy to vote for them!

Perhaps we should ask David Blunkett to send in what he saw,be as accurate as Mr Manns

Apologies to Mr Blunkett

we could have some thing like passport control on all roads leading into sheffield and the train station obviously. Check everyones passports and get finger prints and stuff. Could be costly though, wednesday might have to contribute.

Be like the miners strike

It is difficult to accept the objectivity and impartiality of an MP who, being a Leeds fan, must realise he has a conflict of interest to some degree.

Ultimately, the independent evidence is all that should count in considering any sanction on either or both clubs - police/club/Sky video footage (as that is fact, not opinion), the referee's report, and perhaps even the referee's assessor's perspective.

From the TV coverage I saw, there was no evidence of any riot in the ground, but it may well be that the TV Producer elected not to show that footage live, if indeed anything like that was taking place.

Taken from the "Bumming Boys Corporation" website

"A Labour MP fears he may have been the victim of an attempt on his life after the wheel nuts on his car were removed.

John Mann drove 200 miles from London to his Nottinghamshire constituency before discovering one of his car's wheels had almost fallen off.

The Bassetlaw MP said it was probably the work of a thief but he was not ruling out a more sinister motive. He felt lucky to have survived, he added.

He said the Metropolitan Police were investigating the incident.

Mr Mann told the BBC: "It may well have been the work of a thief who was interrupted. But I find it strange that the hub caps were put back on, meaning I couldn't tell that anything was wrong.

"I thought as I was driving up the A1 that I was having a bit of engine trouble. But it was only at the end of the journey that I saw one of the wheels had almost fallen off.

"This could have killed me and possibly other people if the wheels had fallen off on the A1."

In May, Nottinghamshire Police launched an investigation after Mr Mann's wife, Jo White, a Labour councillor, was sent a dead bird in the post.

Mr Mann is an outspoken member of the Treasury Select Committee who has grabbed headlines in recent months with his robust questioning of senior bankers and government ministers.

In a statement on his website, the MP said only certain registered garages had access to sophisticated equipment needed to remove locking wheel nuts but he feared the keys for such security systems may be reproducible.

He said he was "calling on motoring organisations to audit security devices in order to reassure the general public and is publicising his traumatic experience in order to alert other motorists".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19354209

Labour MP for Worksop, "supports" a disreputable club 60 miles away, was sat in the home end (against the rules, according to some posters!). It's no wonder he bends the truth to fit his own warped agenda!! Has he ever seen a "riot"? The only thing approaching a riot on Friday was by Leeds fans, but it only apporached one, it wasn't one!

By the way did this MP pay for his ticket or was he freeloading and, if so, has he declared it? If he paid for his ticket in the normal way, he was breaking the rules wasn't he? If he was freeloading...well, he has learnt nothing form the expenses scandal.

My point is - instead of emailing 'f off mr mann' like a ten year old, try opening a mature debate with the MP who is active in this issue

Makes sense to me to discuss, debate and educate a misguided MP than to just tell him to flip off

I tried on twitter and got nowhere i asked him about the "rioting" on the North because there were clear views of that bit of the North on TV which i watched back before tweeting . He either deleted or edited a tweet he made about our fans rioting toning it well down.

The problem is that no matter how many reasonable emails or tweets we make his biased views will still be the only view heard,

Labour MP for Worksop, "supports" a disreputable club 60 miles away, was sat in the home end (against the rules, according to some posters!). It's no wonder he bends the truth to fit his own warped agenda!! Has he ever seen a "riot"? The only thing approaching a riot on Friday was by Leeds fans, but it only apporached one, it wasn't one!

By the way did this MP pay for his ticket or was he freeloading and, if so, has he declared it? If he paid for his ticket in the normal way, he was breaking the rules wasn't he? If he was freeloading...well, he has learnt nothing form the expenses scandal.

He was Born in Leeds so you cant level that one at him.

Guest JC Saviour

Why should we discuss, debate and educate an MP who was there in a biased role as visiting supporter. Anything he has to say shouldn't carry any more weight than if you or I had said something. So you point is totally irrelevant.

Having lived in Worksop for about 10 years while John Mann was the MP, I can assure you that he'd have sold Worksop as a landfill site for ten bob if it meant one step up the political ladder. He's an odious and belligerent man, who views the rest of the population as the necessary underfoot bacteria that need to be endured to fill his bank account. He'll bang the next drum along the road just to make his voice heard with nothing but self-publicity in mind, as he's obviously doing in this case. He came from nowhere to do with Bassetlaw, in a shoo-in safe seat and has shown little ambition of improving a deprived and tottering area.He promised to sort Worksop's smack problem out ten years ago and as far as I'm informed, even the needle exchange is charity funded.

File under self serving ratbag.

Why should we discuss, debate and educate an MP who was there in a biased role as visiting supporter. Anything he has to say shouldn't carry any more weight than if you or I had said something. So you point is totally irrelevant.

That's fine

Then let him continue with his misinformation, let him be the mouthpiece without being corrected, and let us just leave the matter in his hands

Owlstalk Shop

Guest JC Saviour

That's fine

Then let him continue with his misinformation, let him be the mouthpiece without being corrected, and let us just leave the matter in his hands

Like I said before,if he wasn't there in an official capacity but as a supporter why should his views or comments have any better foundation than the next person, therefore why should he be considered a mouthpiece. There is more than enough photographic, video evidence to know whats gone off. He wants to call as he see's it, then fine, but don't expect people to treat him with respect or you will be saying that about all other supporters including that filthy scum from up the M1. This matter as sod all to do with this MP and he ain't no mouthpiece. Shall we call on old Hattersley in that case to give is biased view on the game. Course not, it just wouldn't add any weight whatsoever.

You really are in the wrong job, you should be stood in the parapit Sunday mornings.