My email conversation with John Mann MP

Calm down children.. Relax...

lol

First of all big thanks to Shandypants for taking the time to do this and posing questions to Mr Mann.

It looks like others less articulate than yourself have decided to email abuse to Mr Mann and thats unforgivable - lets hope he reports these to police and gets the senders dealt with.

Moving onto Mr Mann - I think we should all be grateful to him for responding (and in a timely fashion) to these emails from Shandypants.

I'm really confused about the Jimmy Saville chants being described as in the minority - with the volume this was sang at thats clearly not true.

There was also the same volume applied to paedophile chants against Dave Jones

Moving on - the North Stand (as proven by photos and video) was NOT rioting in any way shape or form. What happened was a few of our fans decided to shout over at the West Stand, run down a few steps and generally behave as they do during all these kind of games

Genuinely I saw approximately six missiles (large enough to be seen from the kop end) onto the North by Leeds fans and none in the other direction (if id seen our fans throwing missiles i would say)

If our fans threw stuff I missed it totally but Im sure our fans will tell me below

This MP is clearly wanting to do the right thing and do something about this which is great and we should work with him instead of dishing out abuse

But

His memories of what took place are clearly inaccurate and thats why theres confusion about what he says took place.

Riot on the north stand ? Nope not at all in any way shape or form

Come on Neil, get real. I agree about the abuse, but Mann isn't trying to do the right thing. He is trying to protect is own interests (in this case LUFC). He raised the subject as a Leeds fan and as an MP (which is why his views got airtime in the first place).

It is his duty to reply to E Mails. We pay his bloody salary and he brought it up in the first place.

Come on Neil, get real. I agree about the abuse, but Mann isn't trying to do the right thing. He is trying to protect is own interests (in this case LUFC). He raised the subject as a Leeds fan and as an MP (which is why his views got airtime in the first place).

It is his duty to reply to E Mails. We pay his bloody salary and he brought it up in the first place.

Hear Hear, well said that man!

My point is - instead of emailing 'f off mr mann' like a ten year old, try opening a mature debate with the MP who is active in this issue

Makes sense to me to discuss, debate and educate a misguided MP than to just tell him to flip off

Niel - can you send Mr Mann some of your pictures (for a balanced view)?

If he was sat on the other end, then a few close-up's may alter his opinion.

Just making a visit to Specsaver's is clearly not the answer !

My point is - instead of emailing 'f off mr mann' like a ten year old, try opening a mature debate with the MP who is active in this issue

Makes sense to me to discuss, debate and educate a misguided MP than to just tell him to flip off

I did say i agreed with you re the abuse.

John Mann is my MP.

In that case I would advise emailing him and asking for a copy of the report he has submitted to the FA. If you're polite, make no opinion for or against any party (beyond condemning the actions) and say that you would like to see the representation that he has made in your name then I see no reason for him not to supply it.

Include your address in the email because all MPs will want to know if you really are a constituant.

Edited by Sonny

spotting known thugs on entry to the city?

how does that work then?

we could have some thing like passport control on all roads leading into sheffield and the train station obviously. Check everyones passports and get finger prints and stuff. Could be costly though, wednesday might have to contribute.

Guest PrincessWendy

If you happened to read my earlier post on this thread I mentioned Leeds City (LUFC's predecessor) Apparantly they were wound up after being expelled from the league for financial naughtiness - but in 1919, not 1910 as I suggested, But look a this hilarious bit of info, gleaned from the dear old internet regarding Leeds City:

Attendance

City's attendances were among the worst in the league, and the club was never particularly well financed. This is mainly attributed to the area being traditionally a rugby league area.

Thought that might lighten the sombre mood!

Bless you

HRH Wendy

Edited by PrincessWendy

In that case I would advise emailing him and asking for a copy of the report he has submitted to the FA. If you're polite, make no opinion for or against any party (beyond condemning the actions) and say that you would like to see the representation that he has made in your name then I see no reason for him not to supply it.

Include your address in the email because all MPs will want to know if you really are a constituant.

If Mann has weight, his report could influence the sanctions laid down by the FA. Therefore, SWFC have a vested interest here to ensure that the report is unbais, as they could be on the end of a fine/ban etc. If Mann refuses to share his report and say SWFC wish to appeal, perhaps SWFC or their solicitors should use the Freedom of Information request route. Only saying...

If Mann has weight, his report could influence the sanctions laid down by the FA. Therefore, SWFC have a vested interest here to ensure that the report is unbais, as they could be on the end of a fine/ban etc. If Mann refuses to share his report and say SWFC wish to appeal, perhaps SWFC or their solicitors should use the Freedom of Information request route. Only saying...

I agree, but unfortunately Freedom of Information doesn't cover MPs unless they're communicating with a public body. Although if he has made a report as an MP then I see no reason for him being unwilling to share it with the people that he represents.

I'm pretty sure everything that happened with be either on the CCTV camera on the end of the North stand, or on the video camera the police point at the North stand every game.

Clearly there is an element of 'pass the buck' in this blokes report.

Not saying Wednesday fans should be overlooked when it comes to dishing out punishment, the chants were sickening and classless from both sets of fans, but doesn't this happen week in week out at football grounds around the country? Not condoning them, but would the chants be such an issue if the nobber hadn't ran of the pitch? - highly unlikely.

Edited by eckington owl

I agree, but unfortunately Freedom of Information doesn't cover MPs unless they're communicating with a public body. Although if he has made a report as an MP then I see no reason for him being unwilling to share it with the people that he represents.

If he submits his report as a member of the All Party Football Group this should be public - no? If he's just sumitting a report as an MP its just another opinion from amongst 28.5K fans

If he submits his report as a member of the All Party Football Group this should be public - no?

True. Only he can answer that I suppose.

If he's just sumitting a report as an MP its just another opinion from amongst 28.5K fans

Also true, but it would carry more weight (as evidenced by the attention his opinion is given).