Expectation levels for Championship

I know the dust is only just settling on last season.....and what a fantastic one it was.

Thinking ahead to the new campaign, where do we realistically set targets towards and be satisfied with next year?

Championship is a tough league however optimistic any fan can be but I reckon we can knock on the door off the play-offs, if not be in them with the right acquisitions.

I think the financial fair play gives more benefit to a club like ours to be competing with the better sides in the Championship as a fair few dropping out of the Premiership are still going to have a fair few high earners on their books as well.

I agree with you to be honest, and also don't see why we can't be around the play-off mix if we capture the right signings. Having said that, please, to everyone, let's not mixup hope with expectation - we need to look at the bigger picture and realise that next season is all about building an even stronger platform to push on with. Even if we finish lower mid-table I'll be fairly content.

Edited by standerino

Guest wednesday_1987

keepers

kirkland

weaver

bywater

defenders

buxton

lee

jones

beevers

llera

????

????

reda

????

midfield

jj

?????

lines

semedo

?????

?????

jones

?????

madine

lowe

????

????

depends on who fills in the blanks, but i think if jones an get around 8/9 players in of the quality of player he says he is going for (antonio, treacy etc) then we should do very well.

If Milan is prepared to go for it (in a sensible way) I don't see any reason why we can't be a real threat this coming season. Most other clubs have financial difficulties which combined with the FFP rules will mean they struggle for the next couple of years, whereas we are strong financially with momentum. No reason at all why we can't challenge.

Need to take the opportunity whilst it is there.

Edited by Utah Owl

Guest Aussie_Dave

would like to see good young signings to fill spots, be middle table but be set up for a proper tilt the season after

If Milan is prepared to go for it (in a sensible way) I don't see any reason why we can't be a real threat this coming season. Most other clubs have financial difficulties which combined with the FFP rules will mean they struggle for the next couple of years, whereas we are strong financially with momentum. No reason at all why we can't challenge.

Need to take the opportunity whilst it is there.

As above , except the in a sensible way comment. To challenge we will need to spend and spend big in a non sensible exciting way, time for the wallet to be opened.

Guest bigblue

Assuming 8+ decent signings are made, sneaking into the top half would a result (for any newly promoted team).

I don't see us failing to sign the quantity & quality of players required to stay up though.

Anything between play-offs and struggling is possible - it all depends on the signings (sorry to repeat stating the obvious, but it's true, predictions are futile at this point).

I'll wait and see how our squad is looking first, but with our current manager and chairman, with our support and recent home form, and with our momentum I think top half is my minimum expectation. We need to aim high, anything less I think would be disappointing.

There are some very average sides in the Championship and if we carry on as we left off then we can go far. We have a lot going in our favour and as a club we should be aiming for at least top 6. I'm sure that Milan and Dave will be setting the target high too.

I'm fully expecting a promotion push

Play off final at the least...

spot on mate......they'll be no better supported club than us thats for sure and IF we can get antonio and maybe 2 more quality signings theres no reason we cant be up there.