Anyone remember the old Sheffield Wednesday shop ?

I remember her and the cute little figure she had. The figure was so cute they used her backside to market a new line of 'Wednesday Jean' in the programme. Love to see that picture again.

BTW, the shop I remember was under a nightclub called 'Christie's' which later became 'Dooley's'. I only went in when it was Dooley's. Familiarised myself with a filly from Fox Hill.

That was Tracy! her Aunt was Joan the closest lady you see in the picture.

Behind were the shop is now used to be a gym one of the first places I trained often saw,sterland etc in there .

used to do circuit training in there on a Monday night a bloke called Arthur used to run it think he used to train the reserves

Wow! What a picture!

Exactly how i remember it, although i do remember it being slightly bigger?

Mind you i was only a nipper.

Still have a TC rosette and some other items i bought from there in 81ish. Will have to take a pic and post.

UTO!

Remember how replica shirts always used to be sold folded up in clear plastic wrapping?

Magical. Far better than taking em off a hanger.

You're not wrong. This brought back memories of getting the green hooped kit one Christmas as a nipper, loved it.

I can't remember the shop as it was in those pictures but recall queuing for tickets at the back of the South stand.

I tried to buy a watch from the snig hill kiosk, but no chance (at christmas this, in fact christmas eve one year) the woman said it will be 2-weeks delivery....Na just give me that one in the window i said, err can't, its the only one we have to show customers....rumbleinell its christmas eve i'm prob ya last customer this year....don't swear at me you are drunk..............burp

Similar area to where the turnstyles for kop are.

Ticket Office was there also before moving more central.

I think, a long time ago and I was only a chabbie.

Think south stand shop closed when we did stand up, early nineties?

That was Tracy! her Aunt was Joan the closest lady you see in the picture.

Oh yes Tracey. Had a bit of a schoolboy crush on her! Think she became the manager?

The old shop was a great place having to jostle your way to the counter.

God i remember the woman behind counter she had a bit of a pot marked face but i used to reet fancy her also the big team photos on desk that were free they used to put fixtures onas well

If its the lady I'm thinking of...I'm sure she still works in the club shop, I recognized her and mentioned that she had served me years ago when I bought a lambswool jumper.

I don't know her name though..perhaps some one with a better chat up technique than me will find out.

UTO's

I remember buying a 'Silk scarf" from there - in the 1970s it was considered cool to tie scarves around your wrist - all the blue lettering wore off. Rubbish.

I remember buying some b&w photos of the players - still got one of Eric Potts!

There used to be an owls shop in the hole in the rd ,then one in orchard square

Can't ever remember a grunters shop in town .

Looking in an old 1972/3 Handbook in that season SWFC had a ticket office in Cockaynes in town - anyone remember that?

Remember how replica shirts always used to be sold folded up in clear plastic wrapping?

Magical. Far better than taking em off a hanger.

I remember getting a full Umbro home kit one christmas in the 80s and it came in a box with a clear plastic window on the front, can picture it with the kit inside now.

I remember buying a 'Silk scarf" from there - in the 1970s it was considered cool to tie scarves around your wrist - all the blue lettering wore off. Rubbish.

I remember buying some b&w photos of the players - still got one of Eric Potts!

Still got mine, somewhere,all the writing gone and its purple now, did anyone have a cap, blue and white triangles with a button on top and peaked at the front....now they WERE cool !! Tried to find a pic of one but failed lol

Still got mine, somewhere,all the writing gone and its purple now, did anyone have a cap, blue and white triangles with a button on top and peaked at the front....now they WERE cool !! Tried to find a pic of one but failed lol

What like something the Rubettes used to wear? :tango: